Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

joepacelli

Old November 30th, 2017, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Glad it helps! Sorry, it's been a bit over the month mark, I meant to post something despite the lack of news at the month mark but my health caught me by surprise and I got behind. Wish I had something else to share, hopefully, I'll have a more substantial update in the coming weeks!
No worry's BJ. Is there any chance you can hint on the content itself as to what will be released when you make the content market available. Knowing the Paizo is a major contributor are we going to see a flood of items right away from them or will it be released in waves over the coming weeks or months.

The reason I ask is will the first wave be the rule books, and then a month later followed by adventure books. Or will we get adventures right away.

It would be nice to know which adventures. I'm looking to start a new campaign in 2018 and knowing this will help in determining what I myself needs to start entering versus waiting for since it could be among one of the waves of released content
joepacelli is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 30th, 2017, 04:48 AM
Joe, this is the reason they are not that crazy about posting updates. They are way beyond original schedule hopes so they are understandably hesitant to share much detail. They may have some content ready to go but others may still be waiting on Paizo review, and that is not a timeline they don’t control.

Please let’s just be happy they shared an update with us and not badger them for any more detail than they have provided.
Bidmaron is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old November 30th, 2017, 06:23 AM
Quote:
The Content Market is in the same place it was the last time an update was given. We are working with Paizo to ensure the API is working properly for launch. Our hope is to have it out by Christmas but that doesn't mean it will be as we can't account for unknowns on either end.
Awesome! Thank you for the update.

I am not sure if this has been posted somewhere, but do we have a list of what the first wave of items will be, when it is posted?
EDIT: After reading Bidmaron's post. I do understand if this is just too complicated to post. Just curious if there was a 1,000 foot view of the content types being posted. I know we have a 10,000 foot view of what will be coming in the long run. Mostly curious if the first wave will be adventure or core rule book. If its too much to answer, don't worry. I can wait.

Again, keep up the good work and I hope the fix with Paizo happens smoothly.

Last edited by NeoEvaX; November 30th, 2017 at 06:26 AM.
NeoEvaX is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 30th, 2017, 08:15 AM
They posted an explanation previuously that said modules would be first. Someone will post that link I am sure. Things may have changed of course.
Bidmaron is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old November 30th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
They posted an explanation previuously that said modules would be first. Someone will post that link I am sure. Things may have changed of course.
That's all I'm looking for Bidmaron. Where do I put my efforts in the next 2-3 months? Entering Core Book data for Pathfinder, or Adventure Data for an Adventure in Pathfinder and not have my efforts go to waste because I spend 6-8 weeks entering it and then it becomes available in the CM and I should have focused on a Core book instead of the adventure, or the adventure instead of the Core book.

It's not too much to ask for that bit of information, even if it's 2-3 months out, versus, 9-12 months out for a phase 2 release of content
joepacelli is offline   #155 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 30th, 2017, 09:16 AM
The list was posted almost a year ago. The Paizo material was a couple of modules including the Emerald Spire dungeon. I hope the long delay has meant additional material is in the first wave,

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
Joe, this is the reason they are not that crazy about posting updates. They are way beyond original schedule hopes so they are understandably hesitant to share much detail. They may have some content ready to go but others may still be waiting on Paizo review, and that is not a timeline they don’t control.

Please let’s just be happy they shared an update with us and not badger them for any more detail than they have provided.

^I appreciate the understanding extended in this matter!

I can't actually give you a "guaranteed" list at this time, which is why I've been hesitant/not authorized to make one at all. I believe I can confidently say that we will have quite a few Pathfinder modules at least. We should also have Curse of the Crimson Throne, and we may have Rise of the Runelords. We are also looking at having several Bestiaries and some 3rd party 5E content but I can't say for sure what we'll have approved on launch. Hang in there, I know the vague updates aren't exactly what everyone wants to see, but it's all of I've got right now and probably more than I'm authorized to give. We're in the process of making some internal changes and doing our best to rearrange things for a better future for both products and communication. Just give me some time ( I know, I know, so much time already given, but I've not been here quite long enough to change the world yet. . )
BJ is offline   #157 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old November 30th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Thank you for the update. Even a high level guess gives me an idea of what I want to do for myself for my game starting in January.

Keep up the good work and I hope all the rearranging goes well.
NeoEvaX is offline   #158 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old November 30th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Quote:
We should also have Curse of the Crimson Throne, and we may have Rise of the Runelords.
This is great. I already finished running the Rise of the Runelords and have been looking at what I will run next. Currently our group is playing Shadowrun and I told them next year around Sept I will start another campaign. Because I'm in the process of getting a new home and won't be in it until end of June.

So I've got time to prepare and also enter everything into RW. I was thinking of doing the Serpent Skull in the Scarred Lands setting, but if Curse of the Crimson Throne comes out I might just grab that and adapt it to Scarred Lands setting much easier.

So I'll just start entering the Scarred Lands data now and hopefully adopt that adventure path into it.
joepacelli is offline   #159 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepacelli View Post
This is great. I already finished running the Rise of the Runelords and have been looking at what I will run next. Currently our group is playing Shadowrun and I told them next year around Sept I will start another campaign. Because I'm in the process of getting a new home and won't be in it until end of June.

So I've got time to prepare and also enter everything into RW. I was thinking of doing the Serpent Skull in the Scarred Lands setting, but if Curse of the Crimson Throne comes out I might just grab that and adapt it to Scarred Lands setting much easier.

So I'll just start entering the Scarred Lands data now and hopefully adopt that adventure path into it.
Sounds like fun! Happy gaming!
BJ is offline   #160 Reply With Quote