Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Murrdox

Old November 19th, 2018, 07:24 AM
Wow, awesome, Valyar and IronDog we have to compare notes! I'd love to see how you are choosing to organize your Realm, since I'm doing Infinity, Valyar is doing Conan and IronDog is doing Infinity as well!

IronDog are you on the Realm Works Facebook group? I'd love to "Friend" you so I could send you a chat and maybe bounce ideas off you occasionally.

IronDog, this is how I'm currently organizing my World Almanac. I just finished inputting chapter 1 of the Quantronic Heat adventure, which I'm getting ready to run.

You can see that it's a little messy. I've only actually RUN one session so I'm still sort of learning the best way to organize things in Realms Works for Infinity to make it easier to use at the game table. You'll note that I've got some NPCs that are sub-headings of the Scenes that they appear in. Then I've got lists of various NPCs in the People section. I've also got a handy "NPC Template" that I copy for every new NPC. You can see for this CEO, his profile links to the "Corp Exec", which is in my Mechanics Reference.

Here's my Mechanics Reference:

Here you can see I've got many of the stock NPCs from the Infinity Core Book in the Adversaries section. I've got the Suffix of the NPC displaying whether they are a Trooper, Elite, or Nemesis.

I have another "Adversary" template here which comes with blank copies of the tables that you see for the NPC.

It would be wonderful if Realm Works would let me have default values in some text fields in a Category. Then I could make the Adversary Topic have all my blank tables by default, and I wouldn't need to copy/paste from a template.

Anyways, that's how I'm doing it. One of the drawbacks of my system is that I cannot copy my Adversary template into an NPC template. So for the CEO that was in that example, it would be great if I could just right-click the Corp Exec topic, and duplicate it in my World Almanac. Then I could re-name it to the CEO NPC, and add any extra information that I need for that specific NPC. But Realm Works won't allow you to copy a Mechanics Reference Topic to the World Almanac.
Murrdox is offline   #11 Reply With Quote