Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

DM_Hawk

Old March 29th, 2016, 06:00 AM
Hi all
I have searched the forums for my problem, which is only having 375 creatures in the encounter builder.
I found This Thread that seems to say they aren't any translations of the old 3.5ed MM1 / MM2 etc but then i found This thread that says ALL of the old books are now available.

Hopelessly confused, as I brought the d20 package and then downloaded and installed the http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml . I ticked all the boxes in the "Configure your hero" box at the start but still only 375 creatures...?

Any suggestions welcome

Nice to meet you all,
Martin
DM_Hawk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 29th, 2016, 06:31 AM
The second thread you linked is talking about the Community files, which are a separate things made by fans to expand the game system beyond what HL can legally include due to licensing. You'll need to download and install those files to see the additional content.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 29th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM_Hawk View Post
Hi all
I have searched the forums for my problem, which is only having 375 creatures in the encounter builder.
I found This Thread that seems to say they aren't any translations of the old 3.5ed MM1 / MM2 etc but then i found This thread that says ALL of the old books are now available.

Hopelessly confused, as I brought the d20 package and then downloaded and installed the http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml . I ticked all the boxes in the "Configure your hero" box at the start but still only 375 creatures...?

Any suggestions welcome

Nice to meet you all,
Martin

Couple of things. First, not ALL of the content from 3.5 is available. In fact, it's probably less than half, though if you consider how much content there is in total, that's till quite a lot.

Second, I had started a project to create portfolios for the community monster races. Unfortunately, life intervened, and the project got stalled. Until I add the portfolios, you will not get additional monsters in the encounter builder. Sorry. I'll let you know when it's available.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DM_Hawk

Old March 29th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
The second thread you linked is talking about the Community files, which are a separate things made by fans to expand the game system beyond what HL can legally include due to licensing. You'll need to download and install those files to see the additional content.
Which I have done. So what am i missing?

DM_Hawk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DM_Hawk

Old March 29th, 2016, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Couple of things. First, not ALL of the content from 3.5 is available. In fact, it's probably less than half, though if you consider how much content there is in total, that's till quite a lot.

Second, I had started a project to create portfolios for the community monster races. Unfortunately, life intervened, and the project got stalled. Until I add the portfolios, you will not get additional monsters in the encounter builder. Sorry. I'll let you know when it's available.
Ahh i see.
Well thank you for your answers guys, really had me scratching my head.

I guess I can add custom creatures as i need them?
DM_Hawk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 29th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM_Hawk View Post
Ahh i see.
Well thank you for your answers guys, really had me scratching my head.

I guess I can add custom creatures as i need them?
Yes, but don't use the community files. Create your own files for any races not already included.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DM_Hawk

Old March 29th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Cheers
DM_Hawk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 29th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Yes, but don't use the community files. Create your own files for any races not already included.
If you do create new races, from the 3.5 era books, don't forget to generously donate them to Sendric for inclusion.

Some of us forum members started adding, and then real life intervened too much.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #8 Reply With Quote