Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Screetch79

Old April 28th, 2011, 03:16 PM
i'm trying to coding the justicar from one of the Super Genius works.

basically is an alternate class of the inquisitor that can choose from multiple judgment.

so i make various custom special and bootstrapped to them the "Judgment of" class special.

when i add the custom to class (from the class panel in herolab) i get this error:
Code:
Attempt to access field 'cClrTurn' that does not exist for thing 'cJusJustic'
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'cInqJJusti' (Eval Script '#1') near line 13
- - -
i checked the "select deity/etc" option in the editor.
Screetch79 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:52 AM
The error message mentions that the problem is in Eval Script #1 of the cJusJustic thing - I'd recommend copying and pasting that script here, so that we can see what you're trying to accomplish here. (describing the ability you're trying to implement is also recommended).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Screetch79

Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
mmm... ok.
basically, i bootstrapped an inquisitor judgement (destruction, for example) to a custom class in order to make it a selectable for an alternate class of the inquisitor.
it seems to me that the problem is this line of script:

Quote:
if (root.field[cClrTurn].value < 0) then
field[livename].text = "Judgement of Profane Destruction"
elseif (root.field[cClrNeutGE].value > 0) then
field[livename].text = "Judgement of Profane Destruction"
else
field[livename].text = "Judgement of Sacred Destruction"
endif
i tried to create a new judgement of Destruction to replace the standard without this line of script and its works.
Screetch79 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
The "root." transition will transition to the pick that bootstrapped this pick - so, by bootstrapping it from a custom class ability, the root of that class special is the custom class ability, not the class, and custom class abilities don't have the cClrTurn field that classes do.

So, once you reach the root pick, you need to transition again, this time to the class whose table this ability was added to:

Code:

root.linkage[table].field[cClrTurn].value
If you meant "Archetype", not "Custom Class Ability", use this instead, in order to go from the class special, to the archetype that bootstrapped it, to the class that archetype is linked to:

Code:

root.linkage[varies].field[cClrTurn].value
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Screetch79

Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The "root." transition will transition to the pick that bootstrapped this pick - so, by bootstrapping it from a custom class ability, the root of that class special is the custom class ability, not the class, and custom class abilities don't have the cClrTurn field that classes do.

So, once you reach the root pick, you need to transition again, this time to the class whose table this ability was added to:

Code:

root.linkage[table].field[cClrTurn].value
If you meant "Archetype", not "Custom Class Ability", use this instead, in order to go from the class special, to the archetype that bootstrapped it, to the class that archetype is linked to:

Code:

root.linkage[varies].field[cClrTurn].value
ok, understand.
thank you.
Screetch79 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote