Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Xykal

Old October 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I have added a domain using the editor and I would like to edit a few core spells to tie them to the domain. Can I modify the actual core data? Or do I have to add a copied / modified version of the spell using the editor?
Xykal is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 6th, 2010, 04:46 AM
You can modify the core data but i wouldnt recommend it. If you make a mistake there is no way to roll back from it. You should either create a test platform for the game or just create a file with the new information in it. That way its all kept seperate.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 6th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Chiefweasel, that's incorrect. The core data is protected and cannot be modified. Using the editor, you can replace the spell in question, but if you remove the file with the replacement, the original will be in use again.

Although it would work to make a replacement for that spell, I recommend making a new copy of the spell, and not replacing it, because you might end up sharing data with someone else. If you do share data, and they've also made a replacement for that spell, HL will see that the same thing is being replaced twice, and throw up an error, since it doesn't know which replacement to use.

Instead, make a copy of that spell in the editor, remove all the other classes/domains that have access to the copy, and assign your copy only to the new domain.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 6th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Sorry about that, I thought that you could change the SRD files, maybe I am thinking of d20 though. I havent created much for PF yet so i am most likely mistaken.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote