Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Daeorian

Old March 27th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blzbob View Post
I think he's saying to go to the Skills tab and make sure that Knowledge (arcana) is selected as a skill. You don't have to put ranks into it but you do need to make sure that it is showing up on your skill list. You need to do that with all the Knowledge, Craft, Profession, and Perform skills in order for them to show up in class and race specials.
And I'm saying I have done exactly that and I actually HAVE put ranks in it. I've attached a screen shot of the Knowledge skills and the ranks in them.
Attached Images
File Type: png HL-Problem-0003.png (119.8 KB, 9 views)
Daeorian is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 27th, 2011, 10:54 PM
So I created a sorcerer with just an elf as the race. I am having the same problem. This may need to be put in the "bugs" thread unless someone else can figure out what's going on.
blzbob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 28th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Knowledge Arcana is already a class skill for the Sorcerer. You have to pick a different one. I did that and it worked fine.
Sendric is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old March 28th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Knowledge Arcana is already a class skill for the Sorcerer. You have to pick a different one. I did that and it worked fine.
I shouldn't try to figure things out when I'm tired. Even his screen shot shows that it is already a class skill. I should have noticed that. Good catch.
blzbob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 28th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blzbob View Post
I shouldn't try to figure things out when I'm tired. Even his screen shot shows that it is already a class skill. I should have noticed that. Good catch.
I know the feeling.
Sendric is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Daeorian

Old March 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
OK. I already had Knowledge Nature and Knowledge Arcana. Knowledge Nature is not a class skill for Sorcerer, but it wouldn't show up in the drop-down list.

So, per comments by Sendric, I added two more Knowledge areas, then went to select the Arcane Bloodline Class Skill. The two new items plus the pre-existing Knowledge Nature now show up in the drop-down list. (See attached screen shot.)

My question: why didn't Knowledge Nature show up before? It was there, it just took adding something extraneous to make it show up.

This sounds like a bug.

The second screen shot attachment shows that there is no description for Knowledge Engineering. Not exactly a bug, per se, but an oversight on someone's part, perhaps?
Attached Images
File Type: png HL-Problem-0005.png (120.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png HL-Problem-0004.png (232.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Daeorian; March 28th, 2011 at 09:39 AM.
Daeorian is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 28th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I can't reproduce that, Daeorian. Not saying you didn't see it, but when I add in just Knowledge Nature, or have both that and Knowledge Arcana, Knowledge Nature shows up in the dropdown for me. Not really sure what that means...maybe it was some sort of fluky thing, or it requires a very specific set of steps to reproduce.

Last edited by Sendric; March 28th, 2011 at 09:45 AM.
Sendric is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Daeorian

Old March 28th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Maybe it was the order in which I did things. I just tried to re-do a 'test' cat and could not get the bug to repeat.

One question came to me during my testing: If Knowledge Arcana is a class skill for a sorcerer with the Arcane Bloodline, why doesn't it automatically show up under skills?

Here's what I did for a test:
1st - create new hero named "test".
2nd - de-select EVERYTHING under Settings except the output options, then click OK.
3rd - under Classes, choose favored class of Sorcerer.
4th - under the Magic tab, buy "for free" the Amulet of Proof Against Detection & Location (to be my bonded object in a later step.) Equip the amulet.
5th - under the Background tab, choose race Human, alignment True Neutral, and select Charisma for my +2 bonus.
5th - under feats HL is prompting me to select a feat. I chose Combat Casting.
6th - back to the Classes tab and level up with my 1st level of Sorcerer.
7th - under the Feats tab, HL prompts for another feat. Selected Improve Initiative.
8th - under the Sorcerer tab, "Add more Bloodlines (1 left)!". Chose Arcane.
9th - "Add more Arcane Bonds (1 left)!" Chose Bonded Object.
10th - from drop-down list next to "Bonded Object: Choose (1/day) (Sp)", selected Amulet of Proof Against Detection & Location.

At this point I'd expect Knowledge Arcana to be showing under the Skills tab, but it's not. (See 1st attachment.) If I add it manually, it shows as a class skill. (See 2nd attachment.)

Why aren't class skills automatically added?
Attached Images
File Type: png HL-Problem-0006.png (239.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png HL-Problem-0007.png (263.3 KB, 0 views)
Daeorian is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old March 28th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeorian View Post
OK. I already had Knowledge Nature and Knowledge Arcana. Knowledge Nature is not a class skill for Sorcerer, but it wouldn't show up in the drop-down list.

So, per comments by Sendric, I added two more Knowledge areas, then went to select the Arcane Bloodline Class Skill. The two new items plus the pre-existing Knowledge Nature now show up in the drop-down list. (See attached screen shot.)

My question: why didn't Knowledge Nature show up before? It was there, it just took adding something extraneous to make it show up.

This sounds like a bug.
I also can't reproduce this. Sounds like it could just have been a weird fluke. I get them no matter what software I'm using. Sounds like you did too.

Quote:
The second screen shot attachment shows that there is no description for Knowledge Engineering. Not exactly a bug, per se, but an oversight on someone's part, perhaps?
There are a few things that are like that. It's not a bug, just something that hasn't been completed yet. Mathias is spending much of his time making sure that the mechanical portions of the software are running and that as much of the new stuff gets entered. I generally don't worry about minor details like this (I would rather look it up anyway).
blzbob is offline   #19 Reply With Quote