Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

DarkHerald

Old May 16th, 2013, 06:53 AM
First:

On the iPad how do I deduct gold from my treasure when I want to buy something in a tavern or make a bribe?

Also when one selects a potion it would be nice to be able to click on the potion in your equipment list and then it makes the necessary adjustments for you. Currently only option you get is to drop to ground, sell or swop.

Second:
How does one add custom traits to Hero Lab? Our DM gave us a trait that is from a published adventure but does not appear in the trait list.

Will we be seeing a custom Trait field in the near future?

Thanks
DarkHerald is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 16th, 2013, 07:15 AM
You can modify your cash on the Journal button.

Traits are added using the editor. Tools menu...Launch Editor (the iPad doesn't have an editor, of course in the iPad, "Help on Using Hero Lab"..."How to use Hero Lab"..."How do I move custom content to my iPad" has the instructions on getting the material you create in the editor to the iPad).

Which trait, BTW? I wasn't aware that any of the published adventures had any traits in them. Unless you mean one of the adventure paths, in which case, did you turn on that adventure path's material? If we missed any of the traits from any of the adventure path player's guides, please report that as a bug.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 16th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHerald View Post
Also when one selects a potion it would be nice to be able to click on the potion in your equipment list and then it makes the necessary adjustments for you. Currently only option you get is to drop to ground, sell or swop.
Spell affects are found on the "adjust" tab and as a potion is just a spell in a can the effects are the same as the spell. So you add the spell and sometime if needed set the counter to the caster level or bonus value.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old May 17th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You can modify your cash on the Journal button
Goodness.. I had the same problem last session, lol. I was buying items for free and selling them for the amount I needed to deduct to get ride of GP.

I didn't even think about the journal tab.

Is there a way to transfer coin between characters in the same portfolio? I want my dog to have armor but he can't afford it...
Globetrotter is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 17th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Buy the armor on your character, and then transfer the item to the dog.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Aaron - that won't make the costs come out right - the dog probably isn't the same size as the main character, so that's one price difference, and dogs are non-humanoid, which adds another price difference.

I recommend adding the armor on the dog, noting the price, and then buying it for free.

Then, on the master's journal, subtract that amount of gold.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old May 18th, 2013, 03:16 AM
That brings up an interesting suggestion for mounts/hirelings - would it be possible to implement a "purchase using master's wealth" option to them? I've done both of the above (buying on master and transferring, or buying for free and subtracting gold from the master), but a single, consistent method would be useful.

All the usual caveats about I am not a programmer apply, of course.
Chemlak is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
DarkHerald

Old May 18th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You can modify your cash on the Journal button.

Traits are added using the editor. Tools menu...Launch Editor (the iPad doesn't have an editor, of course in the iPad, "Help on Using Hero Lab"..."How to use Hero Lab"..."How do I move custom content to my iPad" has the instructions on getting the material you create in the editor to the iPad).

Which trait, BTW? I wasn't aware that any of the published adventures had any traits in them. Unless you mean one of the adventure paths, in which case, did you turn on that adventure path's material? If we missed any of the traits from any of the adventure path player's guides, please report that as a bug.
Traits from the adventure path Way of the Wicked. It would be nice to have a function like you have with magic items creation. I think this will work well for skills, feats and traits.
DarkHerald is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2013, 07:29 AM
I know there are other threads about way of the wicked on this board - I'd start by searching this forum, to see if someone else has already coded these traits.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 18th, 2013, 09:37 AM
It sounds like your a player and if so you are looking for the "Community Player Pack" which contains the Way of the Wicked AP. Up to book 4 now and all the traits, magic items, archetypes, spells, and AP things are in.

Simply download and install the above to your desktop or iPad and off you will be able to run!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote