Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dragnmoon

Old August 18th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Pathfinder Society - Changing factions Removes all prior Prestige Points and and makes old Faction traits as illegal.

You should keep all prestige points gained prior to the change *Minus possible cost of changing faction if not first free change* and Prior faction traits are still legal.

This makes changing your faction annoying because you have to delete everything in your Prestige Award Journal (Should be called Prestige Points Journal now) and re add them.

Also TPA is now Called Fame and CPA is now called Prestige Points

Edit: You guys barely update Hero Labs for PFS 4.0 support.

Last edited by Dragnmoon; August 18th, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2011, 08:29 AM
For all the extra boons, I'd say just add the thing, and ignore Hero Lab's error message. The fact that you're carrying that special chronicle with you means you have the right to ignore that.

The other option is to make all these available to all PFS players, but that's misleading to new players - there's not a way to make it obvious enough that you're only allowed to do this if you have that chronicle, and if the Aasimar isn't greyed out, you'll have people arriving at PFS events with an Aasimar character and no special chronicle to allow them to use it.
Mathias is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Mistaken post

Last edited by Mathias; August 19th, 2011 at 08:35 AM.
Mathias is online now   #13 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
Pathfinder Society - Changing factions Removes all prior Prestige Points and and makes old Faction traits as illegal.

You should keep all prestige points gained prior to the change *Minus possible cost of changing faction if not first free change* and Prior faction traits are still legal.

This makes changing your faction annoying because you have to delete everything in your Prestige Award Journal (Should be called Prestige Points Journal now) and re add them.

Also TPA is now Called Fame and CPA is now called Prestige Points

Edit: You guys barely update Hero Labs for PFS 4.0 support.
I'm afraid the process of changing factions is just too complex to support well in Hero Lab. That really has to be left up to people to implement themselves.

I'm sorry i didn't change the name of TPA to Fame - That's planned for when I implement the more extensive prestige changes in the Field Guide/Inner Sea Magic
Mathias is online now   #14 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 19th, 2011, 08:41 AM
(Post edited due to question being answered)

BTW I have made all of the missing adaptions for the Infiltrator Archetype in the APG for my home game. Do you mind Mathias if I post them here or send them to you?

Last edited by dartnet; August 19th, 2011 at 08:43 AM.
dartnet is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
BTW I have made all of the missing adaptions for the Infiltrator Archetype in the APG for my home game. Do you mind Mathias if I post them here or send them to you?
Wonderful - I'd be happy to integrate them into Hero Lab with your permission. My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com.

You can also post them here for others to use in the meantime.
Mathias is online now   #16 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old August 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Wonderful - I'd be happy to integrate them into Hero Lab with your permission. My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com.

You can also post them here for others to use in the meantime.
but of course you can.
dartnet is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old August 19th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Adaptions.zip (3.0 KB, 0 views)
dartnet is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old August 19th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
For all the extra boons, I'd say just add the thing, and ignore Hero Lab's error message. The fact that you're carrying that special chronicle with you means you have the right to ignore that.

The other option is to make all these available to all PFS players, but that's misleading to new players - there's not a way to make it obvious enough that you're only allowed to do this if you have that chronicle, and if the Aasimar isn't greyed out, you'll have people arriving at PFS events with an Aasimar character and no special chronicle to allow them to use it.
You can't do it similar to Feats and Traits? Something you have to select and add to your PC to get the option?
Dragnmoon is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old August 19th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
I'm afraid the process of changing factions is just too complex to support well in Hero Lab. That really has to be left up to people to implement themselves.
Wait huh? What does that mean?

As the "Officially sponsored" Character builder for Paizo I "Expect" that at some point Hero Labs will be able to support all options. I can understand something not being easy to do, But that is not an excuse not to do it.

I would hope you will add this option to the Program no matter the difficulty in doing it, though I would understand it may take awhile.

The Excuse, "Oh that is too hard" is a very poor excuse.

Edit: as of right now I literally can't change my Faction because it breaks the character, that is not an acceptable problem, and needs to be tackled in the future, not left on the way side because it is to difficult to implement.

Edit Edit: Now if you meant it "Can't" be done, that is a different issue, though I would be disapointed about that since my software of choice can't fully support my main use of it, but I would be more understanding.

Last edited by Dragnmoon; August 19th, 2011 at 02:24 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #20 Reply With Quote