Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dark Lord Galen

Old August 19th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus3 View Post
They need to have two categories for this Free and Paid. Well done anyway.
They do... its called best free product....
http://www.ennie-awards.com/blog/201...ards-nominees/
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 19th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I had meant to stop by the booth and congratulate you all on the award. However, I thought the hall closed at 6 pm on Sunday and was taken by surprise when it closed at 4 pm. I didn't get to half of the things I wanted to Sunday.

So Congratulations! I, like many others, think this could have gotten Gold had the full implementation been there.
Kendall-DM is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
Can you get nominated again?
Yes, you can get nominated again. Hero Lab won a silver ENnie in 2008 and gold in 2011.
liz is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Thank you all for the congratulations by the way! The whole Lone Wolf team is incredibly proud, and we cannot wait to bring even more fantastic features to our current and future users!
liz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 20th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Woot!!!

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old August 20th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Liz, you guys got ripped off. Not that there's anything to be ashamed of for silver, but RW is leap-ahead technology, and I am astonished you didn't get the gold.(yes, I voted!)
Bidmaron is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 21st, 2014, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
Liz, you guys got ripped off. Not that there's anything to be ashamed of for silver, but RW is leap-ahead technology, and I am astonished you didn't get the gold.(yes, I voted!)
I'm not sure how anyone can get ripped off in a popularity contest unless their voting mechanism is completely broken. RW was released to the public this year and is missing parts for the players and the GMs. I think they did pretty well to get a Silver. Give it a couple of years (much like roll20 has been out for a couple of years, as best I can tell) and then see how much everyone likes it. :)

ObTopic: Congrats! I'm not a big fan of these types of awards (I burnt out on popularity contests back in grade school) and especially not on Gen Con/EN World's clone of the Origins awards, but I'm happy for you guys.

Parody is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old August 21st, 2014, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I'm not sure how anyone can get ripped off in a popularity contest unless their voting mechanism is completely broken. RW was released to the public this year and is missing parts for the players and the GMs. I think they did pretty well to get a Silver. Give it a couple of years (much like roll20 has been out for a couple of years, as best I can tell) and then see how much everyone likes it. :)

ObTopic: Congrats! I'm not a big fan of these types of awards (I burnt out on popularity contests back in grade school) and especially not on Gen Con/EN World's clone of the Origins awards, but I'm happy for you guys.
+1 to this and spot on....
As Parody points out its more to do with popularity. Not taking away from LWD achievement, it is the best offering available for what it specifically does... warts and all...

Personally some categories are too generic anyway.... its like comparing apples to oranges.

Lastly, IF GOLD was defined as best available, then Anna Meyer would have won for cartography. Her work is far superior to the others nominated..... but as she graciously said, "it was an honor just to be recognized"
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #18 Reply With Quote