Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

EightBitz

Old August 28th, 2017, 01:48 AM
On p. 255 of Bestiary 6 is a Slithering Rift, which is a much more powerful variant of the Slithering Pit. I can't find the Rift in HL, though. Am I missing something obvious, or does this need a support ticket?
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 28th, 2017, 09:25 AM
That's a bug. I think there is enough information there to make a variant race, but some details will have to be filled in by the individual DM. For example, which feats it wants to spend its slots on for the HD advancement.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 28th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Since it is mostly a copy and tweak it's easy enough I just handled it, should be in the next release.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 28th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
That's a bug. I think there is enough information there to make a variant race, but some details will have to be filled in by the individual DM. For example, which feats it wants to spend its slots on for the HD advancement.
Whooooo! For once it wasn't me! :-D

It was easy enough to add the manual adjustments for now, and like you, I wasn't sure what to do with the additional feat slots, skill points, and ability increases. Also like you, since the book doesn't specify those things, I just left them alone ... for now at least.

Thanks for looking into this and getting it fixed.
EightBitz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old August 31st, 2017, 07:00 PM
FYI, that is not really a bug. The instructions I was given when doing B6 is that if something did not have explicit statblock then it wasn't to be entered due to the customization needed by GMs.

I guess it is making a decision of including incomplete variants and getting complaints from folks that they are not complete, or not including them and getting complaints that they are not included. :/
frumple is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 31st, 2017, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frumple View Post
FYI, that is not really a bug. The instructions I was given when doing B6 is that if something did not have explicit statblock then it wasn't to be entered due to the customization needed by GMs.

I guess it is making a decision of including incomplete variants and getting complaints from folks that they are not complete, or not including them and getting complaints that they are not included. :/
Stop trying to confuse me with facts and reason.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote