Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Kaleb

Old November 15th, 2017, 05:24 PM
In the Editor, my user created files are kind of jumbled together because I am disorganized, Is it possible to unpack my user created files with in a main user file then sort them into cabinets named after each type of file and subfile for instance Class/Class Special that has all of my created Class specials in it?
Kaleb is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 15th, 2017, 11:49 PM
You would have to do that manually, either by editing the user file directly (it is XML), or by copying the user file lots of times and editing each file in the HL editor to contain only the entries you want.

There's no HL editor option to move an item from one file to another (since it only works on one file at a time).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old November 19th, 2017, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
You would have to do that manually, either by editing the user file directly (it is XML), or by copying the user file lots of times and editing each file in the HL editor to contain only the entries you want.

There's no HL editor option to move an item from one file to another (since it only works on one file at a time).
That's not necessarily true. You can use the "New (Copy)" button to import things from other files.

So if you know the names of all your classes, you can create a new editor file, use "New (Copy)" to pull in all your classes, and save that as a custom_classes.user file, or whatever you want to name it.

Then you can do the same thing to create a file for races, a file for equipment, etc.

Two things.

First thing: Make sure you pull in all the support objects as well. So if you custom abilities associated with your custom races, pull all those into the races file.

If you have custom abilities for your custom classes, pull all those into the classes files.

Second thing: KEEP A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILES. Don't just delete them. If anything goes wrong, or if you miss something, you can always fall back on your original files.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote