Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Website Support > Website Problems, Comments and Suggestions

Notices

kanonfodda

Old September 15th, 2006, 04:41 AM
I originally posted this in the Army Builder forum, under the server problems topic, but I think it is more appropriate to have it here:

Quote:
well, I can now get to the site, but I still do not seem to be getting the license emails

I get
Quote:
An email with the list of all associated license numbers has been sent to the email address you specified. You should receive the information shortly.
when I enter my email address and request my ARmyBuilder License.

IP address: 82.34.231.193

12/09/2006 22:22 (British Summer Time)

I have turned off all spam filters etc I can find on my mail account (hosted). I have emailed your support address regarding this, but I saw no point in chasing it any further, until now, based on the issues so far.

Many thanks for any help.

KF
kanonfodda is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2006, 11:14 AM
OK, this is bizarre. I would greatly appreciate the insights of any of you IT experts out there....

In the event log, the following error appears repeatedly:
Message delivery to the host '217.158.94.121' failed while delivering to the remote domain 'ftd.org.uk' for the following reason: The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt.

In the SMTP logs, the usual EHLO, MAIL, RCPT, and DATA packets are sent. After that, the destination server simply never responds. After a timeout occurs, the SMTP server gives up.

The above behaviors are interspersed between successful deliveries to other email addresses. So there does not appear to be anything obviously wrong with our server. In addition, the server was not modified in any way as part of the recent move. All we did was unplug it and plug it back in. The routers and other equipment that the server sits behind were re-configured with new IP addresses, but that's the extent of the changes that took place.

I've verified that we've got an appropriate reverse DNS entry configured for the new IP address. So that potential issue should NOT be the source of the problem. Besides, that issue would also stop us from getting through to Hotmail and many other email providers that are not having any problems.

I have no idea why this one particular domain would be having problems. Any ideas????

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Rob

At 05:41 AM 9/15/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
I originally posted this in the Army Builder forum, under the server problems topic, but I think it is more appropriate to have it here:

Quote:

well, I can now get to the site, but I still do not seem to be getting the license emails [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

I get
Quote:
An email with the list of all associated license numbers has been sent to the email address you specified. You should receive the information shortly.

when I enter my email address and request my ARmyBuilder License.

IP address: 82.34.231.193

12/09/2006 22:22 (British Summer Time)

I have turned off all spam filters etc I can find on my mail account (hosted). I have emailed your support address regarding this, but I saw no point in chasing it any further, until now, based on the issues so far.

Many thanks for any help.

KF
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old September 18th, 2006, 10:42 PM
whats the smtp/mail server type?
harkan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 21st, 2006, 01:39 PM
Argh! Sorry I missed this post earlier.

The server is running Windows 2003 Server with all the proper service packs applied. Everybody else seems to be receiving emails fine from the server, including all the big email providers like AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. It's just this one ISP that seems to always drop the connection on us. Could it be a timeout issue of some sort that we can re-configure for on our end???

-Rob

At 11:42 PM 9/18/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
whats the smtp/mail server type?
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote