Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
rob
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,232

Old December 19th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
The other piece that I think addresses woobyluv's questions is that, from what I have gathered in previous posts, players will need to create accounts on the server. The GM who owns a realm will be able to grant access to the player accounts on a realm-by-realm basis.. so some realms can remain completely private, while none are automatically wide open for just anyone to peek into.
Absolutely correct. GMs will have complete control over what realms are/aren't available and to whom they're made available. Syncing to the server can be performed on realms without even exposing the existence of those realms to anyone else.

Thanks for pointing that out!
rob is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 1,217

Old December 19th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Having met with and spent some time with the Lone Wolf staff at Gen Con, I can say without a doubt that these guys and gals, to a person, are dedicated to both producing a high quality set of products as well as serving the gaming industry as a whole. Everyone needs to remember that Lone Wolf is a small company, and many of its employees work long hours just to produce a quality product for us, the consumers. I'm convinced that rob doesn't sleep at all, I'm thinking he's part cyborg.

So, it's very easy to imagine why things are delayed. There just isn't enough time in the day (or week, or month, or year even) to do the work that needs to be done to meet the quality that each and every member of the RW team expects from creating their products. RW is an exceptional product, as most of the Beta team can attest to, and it will probably be the flagship product for some time for Lone Wolf. One cannot under value the need for the LW team to get it right the first time around. First impressions are long lasting, and many a product has fallen to obscurity because one company or another has rushed a product out the door only to have it fail.

In other words, the wait is worth it, and it will be worth it.

Vist my D&D 3.5 homebrew campaign! http://daelund.kendallhub.net
Kendall-DM is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
gloranphile
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 433

Old December 19th, 2013, 12:39 PM
+1 to everything Kendall-DM just said, especially this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
In other words, the wait is worth it, and it will be worth it.
As a Beta user, I can attest to the long hours and hard work that goes into fixing minor (and sometimes major) errors we come up with, and with every release of RW that comes out, I'm consistently impressed with the program's abilities and coverage.
gloranphile is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
EightBitz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,458

Old December 21st, 2013, 06:16 PM
Is a pre-Christmas release still the plan?
EightBitz is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
jerrycnh
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 24

Old December 21st, 2013, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Is a pre-Christmas release still the plan?
Or to put that another way....

*puts on a Beanie Propeller hat and gets in the back of the Wolf Lair Car*

"Are we there yet?"
jerrycnh is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
weogarth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 303

Old December 22nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
@jerrycnh - That's great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
I can say without a doubt that these guys and gals, to a person, are dedicated to both producing a high quality set of products as well as serving the gaming industry as a whole.
I have not met any of them but the impressions I've gotten from them is right on the mark from this.

Last edited by weogarth; December 22nd, 2013 at 05:35 AM.
weogarth is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
flamepulse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 128

Old December 22nd, 2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Is a pre-Christmas release still the plan?
hopefully its safe to say pre-christmas 2014 is the plan.

Honestly i will be ecstatic if we see this before years end, im not expecting it till march.
flamepulse is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
KefkaZ
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 69

Old December 23rd, 2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamepulse View Post
hopefully its safe to say pre-christmas 2014 is the plan.

Honestly i will be ecstatic if we see this before years end, im not expecting it till march.
The frustrating piece is that it is in the hands of non-beta and non-early access members but not the general public. Knowing that lone wolf would be differentiating between general kickstarter backers (i.e. non beta and non early-access) and everyone else would have been worth knowing back during the kickstarter pitch. I get that they want server syncing up and running, but if you have paying customers who are fine with waiting for that feature to be implemented, why are you making them wait to use your product if it is already in the hands of paying customers who aren't beta testers?

Especially when it seems like all the reviews are positive to glowing. I just don't understand the strategy.

And yes, I saw the push to get it ready for Christmas, but (and I'd Love to be wrong on this) I think that's just another missed deadline.

I guess I just want to start making my realm and i'm tired of waiting.
KefkaZ is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
EightBitz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,458

Old December 23rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KefkaZ View Post
The frustrating piece is that it is in the hands of non-beta and non-early access members but not the general public. Knowing that lone wolf would be differentiating between general kickstarter backers (i.e. non beta and non early-access) and everyone else would have been worth knowing back during the kickstarter pitch. I get that they want server syncing up and running, but if you have paying customers who are fine with waiting for that feature to be implemented, why are you making them wait to use your product if it is already in the hands of paying customers who aren't beta testers?

Especially when it seems like all the reviews are positive to glowing. I just don't understand the strategy.

And yes, I saw the push to get it ready for Christmas, but (and I'd Love to be wrong on this) I think that's just another missed deadline.

I guess I just want to start making my realm and i'm tired of waiting.
With you 100%, KefKaz. I'm guessing they're all on break for the holidays. Which is great. (Happy Holidays, guys, and I hope you're enjoying time with your friends and families.) But, it just would have been nice to have had a quick update before they left instead of them just going dark like this.
EightBitz is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Knightblde
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 68

Old December 24th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Well I woke up this morning to an unsolicited, personalized support email about my account. That tells me they are still at it.
Knightblde is offline   #80 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.