Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

chiefweasel

Old August 11th, 2011, 11:03 AM
you might be able to change the cost and such through the editor. not sure if the SR files are locked ot not. if they are you can create a new item, change the cost, then have it replace the old item.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Instant Cash

Old August 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Ah ha! yep, that was it.
Instant Cash is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 11th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
you might be able to change the cost and such through the editor. not sure if the SR files are locked ot not. if they are you can create a new item, change the cost, then have it replace the old item.
That's the only way to change it.

The reason activesofts went up in cost is that they were so cheap compared to purchasing the skills that too many people were building characters with skill wires and then just buying all the skills they wanted. I saw mages with skill wires because of the cost differential.
cryptoknight is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
The dice pool calculations for the Synthcardium and the Tailored Pheromones don't take into account the rating of the bioware. They only seem to add a single die to the pools, even at higher ratings.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is online now   #34 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie the Formori View Post
hello all, would lke to add that I downloaded the Demo version and saw that Bone density augmentation does not add to the PC's unarmed DV. on page 347 in SR4A there is a table that shows damage value per level. Thank you for your time.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is online now   #35 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorta View Post
1) It doesn't look like you can bind to a weapon focus. This means it doesn't cost karma, or count towards the foci bound, force of foci or foci active.
When you add the Weapon Focus modification to the weapon, make sure to double-click it or choose "Customize", instead of "Add" or "Add & Close" - that'll take you to the form where you can modify the focus portion of the weapon. If you're already added it, click on the edit button for that modification.

Quote:
2) When I try adding Impact Damage Resistance either as an in-play adjustment or a Permanent adjustment it fails to properly calculate the Electricity protection dice pool correctly. It seems to be assuming that the damage resistance is metallic armor.
For now, you can add an equal adjustment to both "Impact Armor" and "Non-Metallic Impact Armor" to get the correct final value. I'll think about how I want this to work.

Quote:
3) The maximum value allowed in the selector boxes for adjustments seems to max out at +9. I am unaware of any such limitation in the game.
Actually, the limitation is in the amount of space available to display the number on the adjustment in Hero Lab. Can you add multiple adjustments to get the value you're looking for, or do you want something more than +/-18 (and if so, for which ones?)

Quote:
4) When I added modifications to delta cybereyes, I receive a validation error because the modifications are not also deltaware. I do not see anyway of changing the grade of the modifications when adding them to the cybereyes.
The fact that the implant grade isn't being carried through the purchase process is a bug, and I've added that to my to-do list. Thanks for catching that. In the meantime, at the bottom of any piece of gear's customization form, you'll see some grey text starting with "Settings: ", and an edit button next to those. For cyberware, the grade is one of the settings there.
Mathias is online now   #36 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurah View Post
All of the default device ratings seem to be set as 1, however as per the chart on page 222 of the Anniversary edition, vehicles and donre (for example) should have default ratings of 3.

Just a minor thing, bu still relevant.
This is something I didn't get a chance to finish during the process of building the files, and it's on my to-do list. Thanks for noting it.
Mathias is online now   #37 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
I'm writing up the Sample Characters and adding a bow to the Bounty Hunter shows that the bows have an availability based upon their Minimum Strength rating, but I can't find any system support for this.
SR4A, pg 315 - the arrow entry at the bottom of the table. This seems to be a change that was added in the anniversary edition.

Interestingly, the arrow entry in the Compiled Tables in the Runner's Toolkit still lists the pre-anniversary edition cost/availability for arrows, so if anyone can find an official statement from Catalyst on that, I'd appreciate it.

Just as a note, all the pre-gens should already be included - are they not in the Shadowrun portolfios folder?
Mathias is online now   #38 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsqueek View Post
First off, I'd like to say that this is some lovely software you guys have put together. Overall quite solid.

I noticed tonight when I was trying to port in my 4e character that there are a couple issues with how drones are set up.

First, I'm not seeing the pre-installed autosofts that come with many of the drones. Dobermans have two autosofts that they start with. You have these addressed in the flavor text but not the actual mechanics. I have tried modding them in but, as an utter beginner with the software have no idea how to make that work.

Also, it does not seem as though you can apply sensor mods (thermographic, etc) to the drones yet. I did figure out how to bash them in using the editor, but it doesn't seem to account for space restrictions.

As a "boy it sure would be cool" suggestion, I would love to have the option to print out little character sheets for my drones as well (4 to a page or so) with their base rolls, weapon ammo and damage charts.
I'm afraid vehicles are not finished, and all of these are things we hope to add in the next few weeks.
Mathias is online now   #39 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Problem Permanently decreasing Edge to 0. Characters can burn edge in the game to survive a deadly experience. This requires edge be dropped by one. Some of my players have dropped their edge to 0.
As far as I can tell, burning edge should obey the natural minimums and maximums for the race, just as you'd have to obey those limits when paying karma to undo the burning.

You can also use the Attribute adjustment in the Permanent Adjustments list on the Personal tab to take off that last point.
Mathias is online now   #40 Reply With Quote