Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old July 14th, 2017, 10:03 AM
I'm implementing a series of feats that a character can take to give bonuses to certain minions.

The way I did this at first was to use a foreach loop to look for qualifying minions and apply the effects. This works, but I don't like doing it. I've got several such feats and having them all iterate through every minion on a pet-heavy character is the sort of thing that makes ShadowChemosh appear in your bathroom mirror right before you're never heard from again.

So instead I created a Simple object to act as a helper, bootstrapped that to the minion, and moved the feats' logic to that helper (one script for each feat it implements). Here's an example what that looks like:

Quote:
~ This script only runs for minions
doneif (hero.isminion <> 1)

~ Stop if the master doesn't have the feat we're looking for
perform master.findchild[BaseFeat, "IsFeat.myFeatID & !Helper.FtDisable & !Helper.SpcDisable"].setfocus
doneif (state.isfocus <> 1)

~ do stuff ~
The problem with this approach is that it keeps up with adding/removing the feat, but not with disabling/reenabling it (say, via the "Feat/Trait Disable" Adjustment) unless I reload the system or trigger a full evaluation. I'm not sure why. Doesn't seem like a matter of my script running too early or else it would never work. Is there some aspect of the master/minion loading order that I'm not accounting for?
TheIronGolem is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Very little is recalculated on characters other than the currently active character when something changes on the active character, because otherwise, the 20-drone rigger characters in Shadowrun can take noticeable numbers of seconds to respond to every change. So if this is a script running on something on a character other than the currently active one, it will be skipped until that is the active character (or until there's a full evaluation, which happens either when triggered or when first loading the portfolio).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old July 14th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Okay, that makes sense.
TheIronGolem is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 14th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
the sort of thing that makes ShadowChemosh appear in your bathroom mirror right before you're never heard from again.
LOL Nice!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote