Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

budsterc

Old February 20th, 2020, 07:40 PM
If i have a fanged falchion and i add furious to it, how would i go about doing that in hero labs?

thanks
budsterc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 21st, 2020, 04:40 PM
They can't be modified with Hero Lab like a standard weapon. With specific items, you can only add other properties through the editor. You would have to make a copy of the item, then add your additional powers and save that version.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old February 21st, 2020, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
They can't be modified with Hero Lab like a standard weapon. With specific items, you can only add other properties through the editor. You would have to make a copy of the item, then add your additional powers and save that version.
Would you though? I'm working on an class special that adds the wounding quality to a weapon the hero wields. My thinking was that you could do a foreach statement like 'foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "fieldval:gIsEquip = 1", and then make a conditional bootstrap that specifies the equipped weapon as the target for the bootstrap. The only problem is that I can't seem to get it working properly.

Is my approach invalid, or could it work?

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2020, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
Would you though? I'm working on an class special that adds the wounding quality to a weapon the hero wields. My thinking was that you could do a foreach statement like 'foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "fieldval:gIsEquip = 1", and then make a conditional bootstrap that specifies the equipped weapon as the target for the bootstrap. The only problem is that I can't seem to get it working properly.

Is my approach invalid, or could it work?

This does not exist. If it did, then we'd be able to implement the Paladin's Divine Weapon ability, with the option to choose powers and choose the weapon to assign them to.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old February 24th, 2020, 07:42 PM
Well crud. So how would one go about adding magic weapon properties like furious or wounding?

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Bob G is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 25th, 2020, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
Well crud. So how would one go about adding magic weapon properties like furious or wounding?
You would have to create a custom item in the editor.

Copy the original weapon, then presumably bootstrap the additional weapon property to the new item?

Having it built-in would make Divine Amor and Divine Weapon for Warpriests work better too.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old February 25th, 2020, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
You would have to create a custom item in the editor.

Copy the original weapon, then presumably bootstrap the additional weapon property to the new item?

Having it built-in would make Divine Amor and Divine Weapon for Warpriests work better too.
Thank you sir, I will give that a try.

Bob G is offline   #7 Reply With Quote