Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

pickin_grinnin

Old April 29th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfrodo View Post
My point is that my primary use of Realm Works is not for at-the-table use, but for developing a Story Bible for my game world, including adventures. So I want to be able to have output, even if it's just electronic such as HTML or PDF.
Cheers,
Darth Frodo
Exactly. My players aren't interested in the product, or introducing anything to the table that is electronic. My whole interest in Realm Works is to develop a story bible, as Darth Frodo said. For me, it's a worldbuilding tool.

Having said that, printing and exporting (to PDF, at the least) is very important. In fact, it would be nice to be able to export to a variety of formats, like HTML.
pickin_grinnin is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Printing will come, but it is not as high priority as other features. The main reason is that Realm Works data is meant to be used live at the table, so the GM can keep up to date with what they players have learned via progressive reveal.

When you print out a topic for example, you immediately lose out on a lot of powerful features Realm Works has to offer. Especially if you're already bringing it to your table on your iPad, we'd like to start leveraging the cloud so you can access your data in your iPad's browser. I'm pretty excited for that.

Again, that's not to say we won't be making printing available, or even that printing won't come until after everything else is done. But whatever we put into place will likely be basic and no-frills, at least for a while, since printed content is so different from the overall Realm Works vision.
I recently bought Realms Works and discussed it with the other GM's of our group. One of them bluntly said "if you cannot print it is useless". While I do not agree with such a harsh comment I agree that printing is very important.

iPad support is useless for us as all our GMs only have Android Pads available, no iPad here. And at least one of us 3 GMs prefers print outs to using electronic gear (that's the one with the "useless" comment ^^)

So a +1 from me for Print support (actually a +3 as all 3 GMs agreed, printing is needed when I showed them the program). It is probably NOT needed for all components. Where it is absolutely vital I think is the plot parts as well as the map with pin points stuff. And it would be "nice to have though not vital" in other parts.
MagicSN is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
taxboy

Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:53 PM
+1 to my own original post

Could we have a reply from the Product owners please.

Thank you
taxboy is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old May 3rd, 2014, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxboy View Post
+1 to my own original post

Could we have a reply from the Product owners please.

Thank you
Someone from staff has already replied. This is the Feature Request area; replies aren't necessarily going to happen.
weogarth is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Anniyden

Old May 4th, 2014, 06:18 AM
+1 to printing/export - this was a major bummer for me when I initially created some content and could not do either. An absolutely essential piece to me for a world building tool.
Anniyden is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
pickin_grinnin

Old May 6th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
iPad support is useless for us as all our GMs only have Android Pads available, no iPad here. And at least one of us 3 GMs prefers print outs to using electronic gear (that's the one with the "useless" comment ^^)
Yep, me, too. I have a work iPad, but my personal tablet is an Android one.
pickin_grinnin is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 6th, 2014, 03:24 AM
I actually prefer printouts to electronic gear as well. Im a software engineer, have multiple computers, an ipad, an android phone, run windows, mac, and linux at home, so im not a tech disliker. That being said, when I run my games or when I play, if there are really nice and beautiful handouts, I think thats much nicer than electronic devices.
mirtos is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Rabit

Old May 10th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Print, PDF export, whatever it takes to be able to get the information in a hardcopy form would be greatly appreciated, pretty much for all the reasons others have shared.
Rabit is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old May 10th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabit View Post
Print, PDF export, whatever it takes to be able to get the information in a hardcopy form would be greatly appreciated, pretty much for all the reasons others have shared.
Seems to me that printing and exporting are the same thing, except that the ultimate destination is different.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 10th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
Seems to me that printing and exporting are the same thing, except that the ultimate destination is different.
They are. We're talking about reports. A report queries the database and formats the resulting data in some useful way: a table, fancy page designs, plain text, CSV, XML, or whatever other format you'd like. The results can be shown onscreen, printed or PDFed, saved to disk, or whatever.

Last edited by Parody; May 10th, 2014 at 10:29 PM.
Parody is online now   #50 Reply With Quote