Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 4th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asandir View Post
I've been dabbling with it for a while, and it's about half built, but unfortunately, real life and work going crazy has pretty much killed any time I have had to do anything with building data sets.

Shadow, where are you currently accepting newly built SGG files? I have lost track. Still Dropbox or have you gone to some other methodology?

Thanks.

Asandir
Dropbox works for now. I have been moving things to github especially if it has multiple editors trying to make changes. Makes things much better.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #981
amz1

Old November 8th, 2014, 09:20 PM
When I open a Portfolio on my iPad I get a series of errors:

Thing 'rAP78ApcGr' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyDodge' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyBlindFi' does not exist
etc.

There are about 12 lines like this. I can type them all out if it would be helpful to see them.

After dismissing the error message I'm taken back to the main Hero Lab screen so I'm not able to open my character portfolio.

I'm running HL on a new iPad, with the latest version of iOS. In installed updates (on the ipad) it shows that I have version 10.5 of Pathfinder and version 1.16 of the iPad Community Super Pack installed.

Any ideas? I'm stumped. Many thanks in advance for any help.

best,
Abraham
amz1 is offline   #982
RavenX

Old November 8th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amz1 View Post
When I open a Portfolio on my iPad I get a series of errors:

Thing 'rAP78ApcGr' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyDodge' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyBlindFi' does not exist
etc.

There are about 12 lines like this. I can type them all out if it would be helpful to see them.

After dismissing the error message I'm taken back to the main Hero Lab screen so I'm not able to open my character portfolio.

I'm running HL on a new iPad, with the latest version of iOS. In installed updates (on the ipad) it shows that I have version 10.5 of Pathfinder and version 1.16 of the iPad Community Super Pack installed.

Any ideas? I'm stumped. Many thanks in advance for any help.

best,
Abraham
Do you own the Mythic Adventures license? Those bootstrapped items have an My in the id which indicates a mythic item you need that license for.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #983
amz1

Old November 9th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Do you own the Mythic Adventures license? Those bootstrapped items have an My in the id which indicates a mythic item you need that license for.
I didn't own the MA license, and it was greyed out in the Hero Configuration window on my Mac (i.e. not checked). Wanting to just solve the problem as easily as possible, I went ahead and bought the Mythic Adventures license and checked the box for it in the Configuration window on the Mac (although my character has no Mythic anything so far). This produces no validation errors on the Mac, but when I open the same portfolio on my ipad I get the same errors as before. I'm stumped. Any ideas?
amz1 is offline   #984
Lord Magus

Old November 9th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Quote:
I didn't own the MA license, and it was greyed out in the Hero Configuration window on my Mac (i.e. not checked). Wanting to just solve the problem as easily as possible, I went ahead and bought the Mythic Adventures license and checked the box for it in the Configuration window on the Mac (although my character has no Mythic anything so far). This produces no validation errors on the Mac, but when I open the same portfolio on my ipad I get the same errors as before. I'm stumped. Any ideas?
Cmd-K to go to Configuration, and make sure the Mythic Adventures source is checked for your hero's portfolio. When you acquire a new data package, it is not checked for pre-existing portfolios, only for new ones.
Lord Magus is offline   #985
amz1

Old November 9th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
Cmd-K to go to Configuration, and make sure the Mythic Adventures source is checked for your hero's portfolio. When you acquire a new data package, it is not checked for pre-existing portfolios, only for new ones.
Yep, I checked that.

A bit more information that might be helpful to troubleshoot this: the list of errors is all of the format "Thing X - Bootstrap thing Y does not exist". The Y includes elements with codes My, MCh, and MAl. I can type in the entire error message if it would be helpful.

On the iPad, the only installed updates are Pathfinder Roleplaying Game v 10.5 and iPad Community Super Pack v 1.16. There are other items in the list of available updates (including ShadowChemosh Adjustments, d20pfsrd Community Player Pack, and some others) but I haven't installed those because I thought that the iPad Community Super Pack is supposed to cover everything that you need. I'm running iOS 8.1 and this is a brand new iPad.

On the Mac, I've checked all the various options (like Mythic Adventures) in the Configuration editor. I've also tried unchecking various elements to see if that would solve the problem but no luck. I'm running OSX 10.9.5 (i.e. latest version of last year's OSX) and I've confirmed that Hero Lab on the Mac has all available updates. In the update window of Hero Lab (Mac) I see multiple installed updates, including Hero Lab for the Mac V6.0a, d20pfsrd: CB Mythic Addon v1.2, d20pfsrd: Community Bestiary v2.25, d20pfsrd: Community Player Pack v2.24, ShadowChemosh Adjustments v2.10, d20pfsrd: SGG v1.7, d20pfsrd: Path of War v1.2, d20pfsrd: Gestalt v0.6, d20 Ultimate Psionics v2.5, d20 Eberron Setting v2.1, d20 Mythic Playtest v1.11, and various other updates for other games. As far as I know, I don't need any of these updates besides the Hero Lab for the Mac, the Community Player Pack, and maybe (?) also the ShadowChemosh Adjustments, but there's no option to uninstall them.

When I open my character's configuration window, I have ShadowChemosh's adjustments selected (this is the main thing I'm using the add-in for, though in the future as I start GM-ing I hope to use other elements too) and PFS Boons (as Vanities). I have none of the Modules selected (though they are available as checkable options). Besides that I have all the various elements for the packages that I've purchased checked, but I've tried unchecking them to see if that solves the problem and it didn't.
amz1 is offline   #986
ShadowChemosh

Old November 9th, 2014, 01:08 PM
@amz1 to cover what is happening you have to understand allot of changes has happened to HL in the last few months. One being that the iPads can either have ALL licenses running in FREE mode or it can have restricted licenses when running a license.

The Super Pack works perfect if you are running in FREE mode or you are running with ALLOT of the paid licenses. But it includes Mythic Community Bestiary which requires the Mythic Adventures addon.

Two ways around this is to install packages individually as the Community Bestiary can be installed without the Mythic Addon. Or as you did and purchase the Mythic Adventures.

As you already purchased Mythic Adventures I am pretty sure your issue is you didn't "reactivate" your license on the iPad. So the iPad does NOT know you purchased Mythic Adventures.

On your iPad start HL and click on "Help On Using Hero Lab" at the very bottom. Then select "Manage My License". Then select "Reactivate License" and finally "Activate License".

"Help On Using Hero Lab->Manage My License->Reactivate License->Activate License".

It does look like I need to coordinate this info better in this thread. I also plan at some point to re-work these packages to make it all work better with the latest changes in HL.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #987
ShadowChemosh

Old November 9th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Quote:
but there's no option to uninstall them.
To remove a "package" go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates". This info is also covered In the first post of this thread.

Please understand that the way packages install on the Desktop is different then the iPad. As the community built everything originally to work on Mac/Windows as iPad app didn't exist. Now that it does changes need to be done to make things work smoothly on the desktop and the iPad at the same time. Basically its called "growing" pains.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #988
amz1

Old November 9th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
@amz1
As you already purchased Mythic Adventures I am pretty sure your issue is you didn't "reactivate" your license on the iPad. So the iPad does NOT know you purchased Mythic Adventures.
That was exactly the problem! I reauthorized HL on my Mac but didn't do it on the iPad. Once I did so the long list of things not found error messages went away.

Interestingly, I still get an error message when I open the Portfolio on my iPad. It now says: "Errors Encountered - One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'X'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem." However, there are no actual errors listed below this message and when I click Dismiss my character portfolio opens like usual and appears to be playable like normal. Do you think I can disregard this new error message?
amz1 is offline   #989
Techno

Old November 17th, 2014, 03:35 AM
New Pathfinder HL update for Mac is giving an error message when trying to load the PF Community files.
Techno is offline   #990
Closed Thread