Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Polecat

Old March 3rd, 2016, 01:09 AM
I was wondering where you guys were with Hard Targets and Rigger 5.0?

I am not a ball-breaking deadline Nazi, but I would love if you to an approximate release date?

Like, I'm not going to flame the boards or curse your name on the internet if the deadline isn't met, but just some idea would be nice.

A week, six months? Just something. The guys keep asking when they're be able to mod their vehicles using the lab since we have Rigger 5.0 and I just have to keep shrugging at them and it kind of sucks.
Polecat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old March 3rd, 2016, 09:00 AM
The problem with giving even a rough estimate of a deadline means that others will think it's a hard deadline. People will throw a fit if it's even a day late. Just look at Kickstarter comments where something happens in customs and pushes a game out 2 extra weeks. People go nuts, even though it's beyond anyone's control. In the end just saying "Sometime Soon" with "Soon" having a definition of within the next 20 years is probably the safest thing for anyone to ever say.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old March 3rd, 2016, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
The problem with giving even a rough estimate of a deadline means that others will think it's a hard deadline. People will throw a fit if it's even a day late. Just look at Kickstarter comments where something happens in customs and pushes a game out 2 extra weeks. People go nuts, even though it's beyond anyone's control. In the end just saying "Sometime Soon" with "Soon" having a definition of within the next 20 years is probably the safest thing for anyone to ever say.
Then just dont give a hard date. Just something like "Six months-ish" would be fine. I just don't like not having any idea what so ever. Its the first hard copy one of my players bought and unless he does all the data entry, he can't use it in our current game. And I don't know what to tell him.
Polecat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old March 3rd, 2016, 05:53 PM
But even saying "Six Months-ish" would make people it a hard date. It's unfortunate, but it's better to announce when you know than give an estimate. Just how it works in the tech world.
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old March 3rd, 2016, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
But even saying "Six Months-ish" would make people it a hard date. It's unfortunate, but it's better to announce when you know than give an estimate. Just how it works in the tech world.
I can't agree. It already feels late and delayed. Having no clear sight of when it might be release makes "me" and at least two of my other gamers feel like its not being treated like a priority and isn't being worked on.

Having some kind of release date would be nice. I know they don't get the books before they are released, but Hard Targets has very minimal content (and I understand making Chrome Flesh was a higher priority, and I agree) but it was released in early November. Which is three months ago at this point.

I am not trying to be overly critical or a ball buster, I like the Lab and it makes character creation, book keeping, and such or Shadowrun far easier.

But I it would be nice to at least have an approximation of when something will be done. Especially because one of the guys that bought the hard copy of the book is quite disgruntled (in my direction) because he can't use it and I can't even give him a rough time as to when he might be able to.

I dont think, "Late April (Subject to change)" is unreasonable. Just something. Heck, an update on what is done already might be nice. Just something I can tell the guys next time it comes up.

They want to build robot arms and legs on to everything.

Last edited by Polecat; March 3rd, 2016 at 11:06 PM.
Polecat is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old March 3rd, 2016, 11:29 PM
The March Update newsletter announced that they will be releasing Hard Targets later this month. Plus looks like they are sneaking in some more content from Run Faster, Shifters!

I can understand wanting to keep things simple for your game by using Hero Lab, but are you really not allowing items from the book to be used unless it is in the program? It isn't that hard to write a few things down about special gear and then integrate that into the herolab character sheet later when the content is available there.
Kiirnodel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old March 6th, 2016, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiirnodel View Post
The March Update newsletter announced that they will be releasing Hard Targets later this month. Plus looks like they are sneaking in some more content from Run Faster, Shifters!

I can understand wanting to keep things simple for your game by using Hero Lab, but are you really not allowing items from the book to be used unless it is in the program? It isn't that hard to write a few things down about special gear and then integrate that into the herolab character sheet later when the content is available there.
Thanks heaps mate, good to know!

Theyre using laptops with herolab and not physical character sheets. So whereas its possible, for ease of book keeping I've just said no.
Polecat is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old March 6th, 2016, 07:15 AM
Wish they would add the last bit missing from the core rulebook. Breaking Skill Groups and recombining them.
ShadowWalker is offline   #8 Reply With Quote