Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

schenn

Old August 18th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Hello all, this is my first post. I've been playing SR for a long time and am now working on a Call of Cthulhu / Shadowrun crossover game. This requires adding a new tracked value (Sanity) with an initial value derived from Essence and Willpower.

I'm still new to the editor, so some help on how to do this and what resources to use to learn about this part of the editor would be fantastic. I'm seeing a lot about adding magic items or skills or feats but this is more like adding a condition monitor.

How do I add and set a display field for this value to display in?
schenn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2015, 07:42 AM
I'd say this doesn't sound as much like the condition monitor as it sounds like the Edge tracker.

That can be copied on the Tracker tab. Take a look at how its script works. Don't forget to delete your copy before using the "Test Now!" button on the thing you create.

In terms of getting this onto characters, I'd add a zero-cost quality, and use the tracker mechanisms on that.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
schenn

Old August 19th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Thanks! I'll try that angle out
schenn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old August 24th, 2015, 04:56 AM
Pro tip:

Don't just copy Edge, copy it and then edit that one.

Don't copy it, create a new one, then delete the copy. That's silly.

Copy and edit to what you need. Save yourself HOURS of work.
Pollution is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
BrotherPrætus

Old August 25th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Personally, Sanity shouldn't play as much of a role in an SR/CoC combination platter. When you have dragons, chimera, Shedim, and Invae already running around, what's so shocking about a Gug, or a Mi-Go? I am sure you're already taking the prevalence of the Awakened and the strange and unusual into account when it comes to what would impact Sanity.
BrotherPrætus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
schenn

Old March 9th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Yea I am. I'm running two timelines at the same time. One in the 30s and one in 2074. The characters in the 30s are much more vulnerable to sanity loss. But the characters in 2074 START with less sanity due to the nature of Essence loss or Magic. The only things that actually trigger a sanity loss in 2074 are things that would actually terrify a runner. Shedim and Invae definitely trigger sanity loss on their first encounter. Knowing demons exist isn't the same as facing the hell they bring with them.

Dragons... depends on the context... ;-)

Mostly though, it comes down to Deckers interfacing with alien computers or mages astrally perceiving the things they shouldn't and being nearly killed by it... (Assensing Void magic (the magic of the Outer Things) comes with a damage risk. Or if the players are responsible for something tragic or are manipulating reality in a way that takes a bit of madness to do. Since there's two timelines... there's opportunities for small interactions between them... Playing with butterflies has effects ;-)
schenn is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old March 9th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Hey Schenn I'm currently adapting Masks of Nyarlathotep to Srun 5e, fun stuff.
I introduced Sanity into our current campaign arc to prep the players for what's to come although I developed a (probably over) complex formula for Sanity as follows:

50 + the sum of ((Willpower + Edge/2) x2) - ((Intuition + Logic + Essence)/3) <rolled as d6>.
This will give your character a Sanity score anywhere from 60-99.

We track it in the Personal notes section of HeroLab
adzling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old March 9th, 2016, 05:32 PM
It's called Cthulutech
Alistair is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old March 10th, 2016, 06:24 AM
Chthulurun?

hehe
adzling is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old March 10th, 2016, 03:56 PM
No, it's a real thing! Cthulhu + Cyberpunk + Mecha. Dystopian Science Fantasy, and all that.
System is "roll a lot of d10's, add the highest total of either X of a kind or consecutive straight run." Plays kind of like Shadowrun, as far as "roll a lot of dice" goes.

Maybe I should pick up the authoring kit...
Alistair is offline   #10 Reply With Quote