Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition

Notices

Tridus

Old December 27th, 2020, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hykim View Post
Very good to hear, now the big question is how accurate is the FAQ, which was created a long time ago and I don't think it's been updated...

Is there going to be a simple $20 fee to migrate all HLC PF1 content to HLO PF1 content? If not, what, if anything, is the plan for HLC content migration to HLO?
This is my question as well. Having all my HLC stuff in HLO and thus being able to use it on my phone is a pretty interesting use case to me, especially if I can get my .por files in as well.

Quote:
Are secondary Hero Lab Classic licenses going to allow multiple device access in HLO, since AFAIK there is no way to access HLO on multiple devices simultaneously at the moment?
Since HLC's multiple device licenses are not meant for simultaneous use either (they're meant for you to be able to have it on multiple devices, like a desktop and a laptop), that seems somewhat unlikely. But I live in hope.
Tridus is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old December 28th, 2020, 04:44 AM
Can't wait for HLO PF1! We have waited a long time for this option. Very excited.

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?
Kizan is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
AlxNzx

Old December 29th, 2020, 11:39 AM
Just an approximate ETA would be nice. Think it will be 3-7 days? 15-30 days? 100?
Got my hopes up for xmas and now feeling a bit of a disappointment (I know you are doing your best).
AlxNzx is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 29th, 2020, 02:55 PM
I have found the best place to look for clues is on HLO itself. The latest is [Planned server downtime scheduled for Tomorrow at 10:00 AM (Dec 30th, in 18 hours 9 minutes). Expected duration of downtime is 1 hour.]

Doesn't say it's the second attempt to roll out PF1 on HLO, but it doesn't say that it isn't.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is online now   #34 Reply With Quote
Medriev

Old December 30th, 2020, 10:44 AM
Today's update does seem to be the PF 1E release but (not surprisingly IMO) is taking longer than planned.

Very excited to see this but happy that LW are taking the time to make sure everything works.
Medriev is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Medriev

Old December 30th, 2020, 08:34 PM
So the 1E update seems to be live but I'm getting no access to additional content I have associated with my HLC license (basically all of it). Is that to be added or am I missing a trick here?

I thought LW's position was that HLC customers would not have to pay again for 1E content they have already bought?

EDIT: I've now tried associating my existing HLC license number with my LW account and am getting the error message: "The identified account is already hooked up to a different license for the same product." Please could someone from LW advise on this asap as I have been looking forward to the 1E update for a long time and am now pretty annoyed that I seem to have lost access to my previously purchased packages.

Last edited by Medriev; December 30th, 2020 at 09:00 PM.
Medriev is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old December 30th, 2020, 09:14 PM
They said there would be a one time transfer fee, but that was month's ago and not given any updates since.

Also I am almost certain they have not added everything from PF1 into HLO yet, that will take time.

That said if you used custom content a lot for PF1 in HLC that is still a much better platform for that. If you never used Custom Content HLO is easier to use and prettier.
Dragnmoon is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Medriev

Old December 30th, 2020, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
They said there would be a one time transfer fee, but that was month's ago and not given any updates since.

Also I am almost certain they have not added everything from PF1 into HLO yet, that will take time.
Yep. I may have wrongly assumed the purchase price included previous HLC packages for those that have them but a separate process to transfer the license content over would make more sense.

I also had (perhaps wrongly) assumed they were adding a lot of PF1 content, particularly as the release notes refer to thousands of monsters ready to add to the vault. Hopefully more information will emerge once the new working day starts in the US.
Medriev is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Bionicman05

Old December 31st, 2020, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
I own just about everything in HLC save for the adventure paths and modules that I'm not running and it looks like it's all there in the HLO list of content and when I'm making characters the options are pretty much all there too. If they've missed anything it looks like it's small stuff, especially with the release note on the Vault and having thousands of entries ready to add once a performance issue gets resolved.
Bionicman05 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Medriev

Old December 31st, 2020, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicman05 View Post
I own just about everything in HLC save for the adventure paths and modules that I'm not running and it looks like it's all there in the HLO list of content and when I'm making characters the options are pretty much all there too. If they've missed anything it looks like it's small stuff, especially with the release note on the Vault and having thousands of entries ready to add once a performance issue gets resolved.
Did you have to do anything to access that? I seem to have most books as options but they all say further purchase is required.

I also have almost everything in HLC so a bit disappointed (to say the least) that I don't have access.

Grateful for any info. Thanks
Medriev is offline   #40 Reply With Quote