Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Yobtar

Old September 25th, 2010, 09:31 PM
While I noticed this while working on a warhammer army I thought i would post it here as it seems to be a bug that applies to all of AB and not just one game system.

Does AB support fractional cost options or "units"? I have read (unofficial sources) that AB does NOT currently support fractional costs.

For example, unit A costs 3.5 points per model and the unit must be at least 30 models strong. AB has no problem calculating that the unit costs 105 points. If I add one model to unit A at a cost of 3.5 for a total of 31 AB shows the total as 109 which should actually be 108.5.

If so can one please explain how to go about implementing the change to get AB to recognize and factor in fractional costs.

Thank You.

Last edited by Yobtar; September 25th, 2010 at 09:37 PM.
Yobtar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old October 2nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
Keep the responses coming!

The support is overwhelming me!!!!
Yobtar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wookieegunner

Old October 5th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Well, the first question I would want answered if I was a developer is "Do two units each 31 members in size total 217 points or 218 points?" It could be that internally it works fine, but externally they round to the nearest whole.
wookieegunner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old October 5th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Yobtar, did you search for this?
I found this thread which seems to say its possible....

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Sorry for taking so long to respond. We've all been up to our eyeballs on this end.

In V3.2, this is controlled via the definition file on an all-or-nothing basis for a game system. In the "structure" element, the "decimals" attribute controls the number of decimals shown for everything. You'll find this in the Authoring Kit documentation by following the "Definition File" link from the main page.

This behavior is likely going to be changing in V3.3 to provide greater control. However, V3.3 will be wholly backwards compatible with V3.2.

As for the rounding behavior, that's also controlled in the definition file - in the same "structure" section. However, rounding can be independently controlled during specific calculations via the scripting language (to handle any exceptions to the standard rules for the game system).
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old October 5th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Thank you, thank you very much!
Yobtar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote