Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

kbs666

Old August 30th, 2018, 01:16 PM
The web version initially is supposed to have limited functions but is eventually supposed to be full featured.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #561 Reply With Quote
llothos

Old August 30th, 2018, 02:47 PM
the web interface, once fully implemented, would allow me to not have to be at home on my computer to edit a campaign or having to lug around my laptop to edit "on the go". so no I can't really edit on the go as easily as I would if it was a web interface.

Another thing my players aren't interested in buying additional software or to buy a laptop to bring to the game to utilize the player stuff but they all have phone's or tablets that do come with them to the games. the only other thing I can do is save up for a Windows based tablet to run rw on it but a web based interface would be way more ideal.
llothos is offline   #562 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 30th, 2018, 03:04 PM
The last time there was any official discussion of the web version, The ability to edit realms was not planned as part of of the initial or any early version. Just so you're clear.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #563 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 30th, 2018, 03:08 PM
The discussions I've had with the Devs indicates they are planning on going down the editable path.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #564 Reply With Quote
llothos

Old August 30th, 2018, 05:00 PM
When they first pitched realm works it was completely part of their roadmap, first was a desktop client and then the web version was to be a way to view your campaign and edit it. It's right on their kickstarter page in the FAQ. These features would come in stages, first, it was only the ability to view and add comments but down the road, they would make it so you could also edit the data.
Their youtube video showing the sneak peak of the web version also indicates editing is a planned feature but not at launch.
llothos is offline   #565 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 30th, 2018, 05:19 PM
Which is what I wrote. The last thing they said they will add is bringing the web version up to full feature parity with the desktop version.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #566 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 25th, 2018, 04:10 AM
I'll bite the bullet.

This is the last week of September. Any news to report?

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #567 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old September 25th, 2018, 05:41 AM
5 more days until the astronomical end of September. Two are weekend unfortunately.

PS: it was said that this is their internal deadline... so... yeah.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #568 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 25th, 2018, 05:53 AM
Heh. I was gonna ask, but I decided to wait 'til September was actually over or we got great news - whichever came first .
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #569 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old September 25th, 2018, 06:47 AM
I can't believe I started this thread June 21st of last year and we are still waiting. I too keep looking daily for some kind of update knowing they said end of Sept. and there are only 5 days left till Oct.
Will I be mad if we hear nothing by end of this month. No
Will I be mad if we don't hear anything 1st week of Oct. No

But if Oct comes and goes and again we have nothing then I will feel like all they did/do is feeding us some information to hold us over for 4-6 weeks and then the cycle repeats itself.

This weekend I'm moving to a new home and mid Oct I'm starting my new Curse of the Crimson Throne campaign. I've manually entered enough of Chapter 1 into RW to make it till end of this year. But if CM is not released by then along with CoCT data package. I'm not sure if I will manually put more into RW and just revert to old school books/pdfs.
joepacelli is offline   #570 Reply With Quote