Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LordEntropy

Old March 29th, 2014, 11:34 PM
I know Realm Works does not work with OS X but I am wondering if anyone has tried running it using software like Parallels with Windows?

I have a Macbook Air which would be really handy for game sessions so wondering if this might work.
LordEntropy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
manfriday

Old March 30th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Yep.
I use it with VMWare Fusion. Works great.
You shouldnt have any problems using it with parallels.
manfriday is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
samiam

Old March 31st, 2014, 11:31 AM
I'm using in in Parallels. It's working great. The only oddity I've found so far is some screens have touchpad scrolling and others do not so I use the slider bars.
samiam is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old March 31st, 2014, 06:55 PM
This is good news!

Out of curiosity, would this even be possible on Linux with something like Wine? Has anyone tried it?

Obviously VMware would work here as well.
lifer4700 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ibecker

Old April 1st, 2014, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer4700 View Post
This is good news!

Out of curiosity, would this even be possible on Linux with something like Wine? Has anyone tried it?

Obviously VMware would work here as well.
I tried a bit last night to get it to work in Linux through wine (1.7.15), but no joy yet. If I get it running, I'll post how I did it. In the meantime, if someone beats me to it, I'd definitely be interested.

-Ian
ibecker is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
seewhatsinmybrain

Old April 6th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Running it in VMWare Fusion - works great. Of course I'd love a native Mac version of Realm Works, but it sounds like thats not going to happen.

I wanted to use the integration w/HeroLabs but having that on the Mac side was problematic. I was worried that the investment in content Id made in HeroLabs was going to go to waste in terms of integrating with RW.

So for another $10 I bought an additional secondary license for HL and installed the Windows version on the VM - and because it was tied to the same primary license, it had all the access to the purchased content that I had bought. Worth the $10 in my mind...
seewhatsinmybrain is offline   #6 Reply With Quote