Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Alternity (user-created)

Notices

evildmguy

Old September 5th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Greetings!

My group is getting back into Alternity and I'm getting back into the character creator. For any who have created something, let me know if you want me to include, with the appropriate credit, of course.

I think I have also been given the basic okay to add some more text/descriptions, so will be doing a bit of that as well.

I only started looking at it tonight. I will post a list of things I am working on as soon as I can. As usual, requests or comments are welcome!

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old September 14th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Okay, getting back into it this weekend. I mainly came up to speed on things. I did start the durability on the In-Play tab. I also fixed an error in computing certain skill's costs. I have also entered in some descriptions. Lots more to do but progress was made.
evildmguy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 14th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Great news, I was also wondering why the human has ability scores that start higher then 4 right off the bat.
jbearwillis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old September 15th, 2014, 09:32 AM
That happens due to the way I set up the Professions. I set the minimums for the profession, which means that everyone starts with the defaults for a Combat Spec. I'm open to ideas on how people think it should go. Don't do anything and set to zero? Then check for requirements?

I suppose I also set the minimums, so maybe don't do that? Again, start at zero?
evildmguy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 15th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Ok I see, So When you pick an Alien Race it will Set your Stats for the race and then pick your profession it will alter it again to set the min for that profession, is that correct. If that's the case, then that's cool. I was just a little confused is all and wanted to make sure I understood what you were going for. Thanks for the answer and keep up the great work.
jbearwillis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old September 21st, 2014, 06:49 PM
Yes, that's how it works. It sets it but I don't have it reset it if something else is picked. Again, open to ideas if anyone wants different behavior.

Got some more work done on it this weekend. Not enough as other things happened but progress on the in-play tab and some more descriptions entered.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good week!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 22nd, 2014, 10:14 PM
I own most of the sourcebooks for Alternity. I might be able to help out sometime when I get spare time. Lately I've been too busy to do much.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old September 23rd, 2014, 03:26 PM
Thanks and no problem! I understand. I'm busy as well! The campaign doesn't stop for data entry!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old September 23rd, 2014, 03:31 PM
Update:

At the moment, I'm still trying to come back up to speed with how programming HL works. To that end, I have something on the in-play tab for tracking durability but it needs work. At least there is something at the moment.

I have also entered descriptions for professions, perks, and flaws. I'm looking to do attributes next.

I'm holding off on skills because I'm trying to see how I can implement rank bonuses in some way, even if it's only a reminder.

As with the in-play tab, I'm hoping to put something out there and refine it as I go, to get back in the swing of things. If anyone wants something, let me know!

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old September 23rd, 2014, 04:03 PM
I'm also looking into reskinning it as I don't like the blue. I was thinking of going green as I also don't think any other system uses that in HL. Again, as I get to it.
evildmguy is offline   #10 Reply With Quote