Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Rhodri2112

Old July 2nd, 2018, 07:41 PM
Greetings

I'm playing around with new races and sometimes I'm choosing racial traits that are either monstrous or advanced.

I have no problems getting them added to the character, but what happens is the character provides warnings that such traits can only be taken by races with more than 10 race points.

I see no place in the editor to quantify race points. I have played changed the race type to a variety of options. I have changed the Racial Traits Allowed to include Custom - Monstrous, and also Custom - Monstrous, Custom - Advanced, and Custom - Standard. I have done the same with Counts as Races and the Special Tag.

Nothing I do seems to eliminate those errors. Suggestions?
Rhodri2112 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 3rd, 2018, 12:03 AM
When choosing a race pick one of the following.

Custom Race - Standard = <=10 point
Custom Race - Advanced = <=20 points
Custom Race - Monstrous = >20 points

It says in the description of each of the race types.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Rhodri2112

Old July 3rd, 2018, 05:22 AM
Sorry, apparently I wasn't clear.

I am making the race in the editor, not the race creator option in the Background tab. I've done that a number of times, but I am experimenting with some more flexible choices using the editor.

In the editor, you *can* choose custom race as the "Race Type," but within that, I see no option to choose Monstrous or Advanced, resulting in the same problem. Also, that creates extra layout problems on the screen with the Race Heritage and Race Options (if you configure to make the new race a variant of an old one) superimposing themselves on top of the Custom Race Options.

Thanks for trying, though. I do appreciate it.
Rhodri2112 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 3rd, 2018, 07:13 AM
There should be a second version of everything that can be added through the race builder - the normal version of each ability, that's not configured for use in the race builder. When building races in the editor, use those options, not the race builder versions. You also don't add any of the size, type, ability score, etc. options when building the race through the editor - you just enter the final results.

The idea here is that you've already chosen the options for your race, and now you're setting all those choices up permanently, so that it's easy to make many characters of this race.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Rhodri2112

Old July 3rd, 2018, 07:23 AM
Yes, that is what I'm trying to do.

Excellent. Would those generally be "raRACETHING" instead of "rtRACETHING" in the Bootstrap section? Or would I find them using a different pattern or place?
Rhodri2112 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 3rd, 2018, 07:36 AM
I wouldn't trust the Ids to be the same. I'd recommend finding the "Special Abilities" and "Racial Special Abilities" editor options, and look for them by name in those lists.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote