Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old June 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM
I am surely not the only person to consider putting Spell Points onto a character in Hero Lab.

I have been thinking about some of the ways to implement it. One would be to make spell-point versions of each class. While that might be the "best" solution, I am thinking that it is more work than it needs to be.

In the Savage Worlds Hero Lab editor, you can make up a derived trait, which is basically any number that you assign it (modified by whatever you make modify it). While I did not see a similar feature in the Pathfinder version, one that looks like it might work is the Tracker.

What I am thinking is that I could have a spell point pool appear for each class that would use it. I would then make an if, elseif, else chart under the Evaluation Scripts. But I am thinking that the Tracker might only be viewable in that mode (the tracker mode) and I want it to appear on the character sheet printout.

Regarding the Eval script, I am not too sure about a couple of things. First off is the timing and priority. Honestly I doubt they would matter that much as it is an output that is not referenced by anything else (beyond in game). Also I am not sure how to make two if things merge, for example I would want a if,elseif, els for a Wizard level 0 to 20, and add to that result the result of a similar one for an if, elseif, else that compares Intelligence to Wizard level to see if bonus spell points are given.

Well, I do have an idea, if it is like Java, I would get a result from the first and then add the result of the second to it. I figure that Hero Lab can do at least that (I am not sure as to its language at this point in my studies).

So to summarize, what I am looking for is a way to make up values for each spell point pool type that references class level and attribute rating, and will display on the sheet.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old June 9th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Our group uses a simple but effective-enough set of trackers for spell points. They are all adjusted manually, but could serve as the starting point if somebody felt like tacking a few scripts on them.

We have opted for multiple trackers because that seemed like the best way to tackle the multiple spell pools of some prestige classes. The trackers' text shows the tables allowing one to calculate max spell points allowed; we use the 3.5 Unearthed Arcana rules.

I'm away from HL at the moment but will try to upload the .user file shortly.
Lord Magus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Leon

Old June 18th, 2013, 04:38 AM
That would be great - I have no clue how to use the editor!
Leon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote