Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Woodclaw

Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:37 AM
I've just stumbled upon two old bugs:
  1. When I build a Sidekick/Minion for a NPC the system simply ports the Main hero PL to the Minion rather than calcullate its own PL
  2. When I use the Device as Equipment option to build a armor (i.e. anything with the Protection power) it adds to Toughness even if I had active power that already increase it (like Force field)
Woodclaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
This has been in for a few versions, but I keep forgetting to report it. When doing a Status block Summary BBCode output on a Vehicle, The Defense line has an uncapped Bold marker such as the following:

Vehicle: Autogyro

Power Level: 10; Equipment Points Spent: 12

STR: +10 (30)

Toughness: +9

Powers:
Flight 5 (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd)

[b]Defense: -2, Size: Huge

Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 0 + Powers 10 + Combat 2 + Saves 0 + Drawbacks 0 = 12

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:48 PM
When selecting Equipment:

The Disguise Kit has the information text belonging to the Climber's Kit from Agents of Freedom.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:54 AM
Woodclaw:

1) Isn't this how it should work? Shouldn't the sidekick be at the main hero's PL? It would be a little weird for a sidekick to be *more powerful* than his boss...

2) I just checked, and a Force Field doesn't stack with Protection added by a "device as equipment". Can you describe the situation you're seeing where it seems to be behaving incorrectly?

Thanks for the other bug reports, I've added them to the list.
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
I've got the specific items noted down on my laptop, which unfortunately is not able to access the Internet where I am right now, but there are a couple of items that don't have Mecha and Manga set as their source, meaning they show up when you don't have that book checked. ^_^ Most of them, the blame can be placed on me. I'll see if I can't hook up the laptop tonight to get that updated.

Feats
Twin Weapon Strike
Spirit Empathy
Menagerie (which still doesn't operate quite right in terms of being something you're supposed to add to Pet to allow multiple pets. *wrinkles nose* Same thing with the feat to make the pet Heroic... I couldn't figure out how to wrangle the rules)
Pet (and while this is outside of the source feat setup, one probably shouldn't have the various Pet feats unless the character has Pet or Menagerie)

Equipment
Suan Tou Fung (not it! )

Power Options
The Acute and Accurate Chi options show up under Super-Senses instead of under Chi Sense. Chi Sense also picks up a few too many modifiers from Super-Senses. I should have just bit the bullet and duplicated the entries for things like Precognition and Postcognition linked to Chi. Your choice.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Woodclaw:

1) Isn't this how it should work? Shouldn't the sidekick be at the main hero's PL? It would be a little weird for a sidekick to be *more powerful* than his boss...
I think he's more describing how, for most NPCs, PL is descriptive, not proscriptive. So, if he creates a Sidekick whose only attack is a +8 to hit Blast 8, it should be described as PL 8 whether or not the PC is PL 10 or however.

And I know I saw the protection stacking somehow... it's not happening now.
Duggan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
When selecting Equipment:

The Disguise Kit has the information text belonging to the Climber's Kit from Agents of Freedom.

Don't forget about this one.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
As far as I know it shouldn't the sidekick/minions are individual characters with their own PL. Plus there are exaple of sidekicks more powerful of the main hero (think of Jakeem Thunder and Yz).

Quote:
2) I just checked, and a Force Field doesn't stack with Protection added by a "device as equipment". Can you describe the situation you're seeing where it seems to be behaving incorrectly?
Ok, I've just checked myself and it happens only with Enhanced Constitution and Protection.
Woodclaw is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 3rd, 2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodclaw View Post
As far as I know it shouldn't the sidekick/minions are individual characters with their own PL. Plus there are exaple of sidekicks more powerful of the main hero (think of Jakeem Thunder and Yz).
Ah... doesn't the book mention that and say that it should be built the other way around generally, with the "sidekick" as the player and the "summoner" as the low PL sidekick?

Nevertheless, it would be nice if the output on sidekicks and minions showed them as the PL that they are rather than the "upper limit PL".
Duggan is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old July 3rd, 2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Ah... doesn't the book mention that and say that it should be built the other way around generally, with the "sidekick" as the player and the "summoner" as the low PL sidekick?

Nevertheless, it would be nice if the output on sidekicks and minions showed them as the PL that they are rather than the "upper limit PL".
Actually no, the core rules states that usually the most powerful creature is the main character, but on the Mastermind Manual there is an option called Reverse Sidekick that allows for a Sidekick/minion to be more powerful.

Anyway I think that the problem here is that all of us are correct. Sidekicks (except if the above rule is applied) are generally limited to the same PL of the main hero, but in NPC case they should display their own PL if they are less powerful (or more powerful).
Woodclaw is offline   #10 Reply With Quote