Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

smokeh

Old March 13th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Yeah, I looked at manually moving groups, I wasn't too sure what was necessary, but I'll take a look and see if I can get the main tags that I'll need.

While trying to find a different solution, I found another one of your threads helping someone with something similar that lead me down the path of a Configurable. Using a configurable, I was able to get a new tab to pop when the upgrade is added that I possibly could configure to show a list of simple weapons. Of course the tab is showing up on the HERO not the minion, which won't help me add the weapons to the minion. If I wanted to go that route I would need to have the special ability actually added on the Minion I think.

At this point, I'm going to try manually defining some weapon tag groups and see how well that works. If that still gives me issues, I think having the user just manually pick their weapons on the minion isn't really that big of a deal.
smokeh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
smokeh

Old March 14th, 2018, 09:59 AM
In the end, I didn't like how the custom blank weapons would still appear on the Minion until you overwrote them. The Wondrous Invention skill from the UA Artificer that I am copying even has a note in there to make sure you add the item you pick yourself.

I'm just going to include a note saying that you need to manually add your chosen weapons to the Minion directly, and that should be fine for all possible use cases.
smokeh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote