Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LoneWolf6155

Old August 25th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Thanks. The Sublime Chord has already been fixed for the next release.

As for the warlock, I'll need more information. I'm not sure what you mean. Can you provide the portfolio or provide instructions to reproduce this issue?
While I was experimenting making an Eldritch Disciple, I added hellfire warlock after I completed Eldritch Disciple. Immediately the tab for adding invocations disappeared. I could bring the tab back when I deleted Hellfire Warlock. Problem is I have no idea on how exactly to reproduce this error. I have encountered the problem before and sometimes it resolves itself when I reload Hero Lab and other times it doesn't. Other times it never happens. I have no idea what is causing the problem. You might want to check out how Hellfire Warlock interacts with builds that are not Warlock with Binder dips. I am starting the think the prestige class has a bug or two under the hood. One last thing, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Paragnostic Apostle has a prereq bug related to Knowledge: Other.

Last edited by LoneWolf6155; August 25th, 2017 at 08:12 AM.
LoneWolf6155 is offline   #661 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 25th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf6155 View Post
While I was experimenting making an Eldritch Disciple, I added hellfire warlock after I completed Eldritch Disciple. Immediately the tab for adding invocations disappeared. I could bring the tab back when I deleted Hellfire Warlock. Problem is I have no idea on how exactly to reproduce this error. I have encountered the problem before and sometimes it resolves itself when I reload Hero Lab and other times it doesn't. Other times it never happens. I have no idea what is causing the problem. You might want to check out how Hellfire Warlock interacts with builds that are not Warlock with Binder dips. I am starting the think the prestige class has a bug or two under the hood.
Ok, I don't know if I fixed it, but I did find some suspicious code which I have removed. In its place, I gave the Hellfire Warlock the ability to improve one class's spellcasting ability since that works for Warlocks now.

Quote:
One last thing, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Paragnostic Apostle has a prereq bug related to Knowledge: Other.
That's correct. It's Knowledge (any other) as in any other knowledge besides Religion or Arcana.
Sendric is offline   #662 Reply With Quote
Dark_Soul

Old August 27th, 2017, 07:55 AM
Right, but I'm entering a Paragnostic Apostle as well and even with 5 ranks in another knowledge skill, it still pops up a validation error saying I don't have them. That's likely what LoneWolf is referring to.

I'm entering a human cleric 5/PaA 3 with 5 ranks in Arcana, Religion, Geography and 8 in The Planes, and the error pops up. Domains are Travel and Knowledge, and it has the Education regional feat from Player's Guide to Faerun.
Dark_Soul is offline   #663 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 28th, 2017, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
Right, but I'm entering a Paragnostic Apostle as well and even with 5 ranks in another knowledge skill, it still pops up a validation error saying I don't have them. That's likely what LoneWolf is referring to.

I'm entering a human cleric 5/PaA 3 with 5 ranks in Arcana, Religion, Geography and 8 in The Planes, and the error pops up. Domains are Travel and Knowledge, and it has the Education regional feat from Player's Guide to Faerun.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. Looks like there was a capitalization problem (skCatKnow should be SkCatKnow). I've fixed this for both the Apostle and Initiate.
Sendric is offline   #664 Reply With Quote
LoneWolf6155

Old August 29th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Found another error. Hierophant does not add magic levels.
LoneWolf6155 is offline   #665 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 30th, 2017, 04:08 AM
Quote:
I can't find this class in the community set. It might be a core issue, in which case it should be reported here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54293

If it is a community issue, please provide the source for this class so I can find it. You should do this in general anyway, as it can sometimes be difficult to find things if I don't know what source book to look in.
Sendric is offline   #666 Reply With Quote
LoneWolf6155

Old August 30th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I can't find this class in the community set. It might be a core issue, in which case it should be reported here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54293

If it is a community issue, please provide the source for this class so I can find it. You should do this in general anyway, as it can sometimes be difficult to find things if I don't know what source book to look in.

Sorry about that, It's core. I did find one bug where the Able Learner feat gives skill tricks for one point instead of two.
LoneWolf6155 is offline   #667 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old August 31st, 2017, 03:45 AM
Quote:
The DMG states that Hierophant levels stack with the base caster class levels to determine CL; however, the prestige class itself does not advance spell casting (as opposed to Archmage for example)
Lord Magus is offline   #668 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 31st, 2017, 03:50 AM
Quote:
I did find one bug where the Able Learner feat gives skill tricks for one point instead of two.
Fixed.
Sendric is offline   #669 Reply With Quote
Dark_Soul

Old August 31st, 2017, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the quick fix, Sendric. Paragnostic Apostle works great now that I tracked down the correction you made and did it on my end.
Dark_Soul is offline   #670 Reply With Quote