Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old September 7th, 2015, 12:12 AM
I've been running a campaign for almost 6 months, and I'm finding that sometimes there are topics or just individual snippets within a topic which have definitely been covered by the players, but contain information which I don't want to reveal to the players.

It would be nice to have a GM-only TICK (or some other mark) to indicate that the PCs have been passed that part of the campaign.

Note that sometimes the party don't see everything in a particular topic, so it isn't always sensible to mark just the topic as "done by players" (although it would be a start).
Farling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 7th, 2015, 12:14 AM
I know I could do this for topics by adding a tag, but adding a tag doesn't take a trivial amount of time (unlike clicking something like the reveal button) when you are actually running a campaign.

I could imagine a TICK mark (or something similar) being a way for the GM to mark certain topics for whatever reason he wants. I just suggest my use would be for "done by players".
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old September 7th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Great idea.

I would like the ability to add custom made boolean-buttons to place right after the reveal button.

Maybe even be able to cycle the button through three or more states.

All customisable of course.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 7th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I'm looking to add a tag type. I agree that a check box would be nice, but as soon as LWD does that folks will be asking about tracking that status of multiple groups. By creating an "Adventure Status Tag" field, you can have tags for different groups. Not as convenient as a check box, perhaps, but certainly more flexible and it is something you can do now. You're not going to see a check box until after content market, journals, and *cough cough* calendars.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 7th, 2015, 02:04 PM
The idea is to go with an incremental approach to the facility (I've recently been learning about Scrum), so the intention is to start with something simple, then improve it later :-)
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old September 9th, 2015, 08:53 AM
How about green bubble for revealed to players and a blue outer glow or outline for those that players know about? Keep it simple and don't clutter the screen.

I have a feeling Rob and friends have some plans for those little bubbles because implementing reveal granularity by character or player is going to break the current green or not-green binary.
AEIOU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 9th, 2015, 06:54 PM
AEIOU, I like your suggestion!

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old September 10th, 2015, 12:28 AM
I do not understand this request. Could you give an example?

If I have a part of a snippet that I do not want revealed I usually split the snippet into two. One part with revealed infornation and one with the information not yet revealed.
The only reason I would want this is to mark plot points that have been covered, but the information should not be revealed to players.
Cornelius is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old September 10th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Let us say the players just went through a dungeon and think they've cleared it and therefore left the dungeon and possibly the area. However, they missed a secret door leading to another level with more encounters and more treasure. The area they missed would not be revealed to the players, but he would like to put a flag on the content that also indicates that the players have gone through the mission and just missed this content... maybe because of bad die rolls or bad group decisions.
Viking2054 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old September 10th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Personally, when I do that, I use a GM Notes snippet that explains it all.. not a Yes/No type of thing for my purposes.
Silveras is offline   #10 Reply With Quote