Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Arijharn

Old April 7th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Okay, I realise this should probably be a self-explanatory type validation message, but I'm actually rather confused with it in context.

For giggles, I made up a 20k Daemons of Chaos army list, which includes multiple Heralds and if I make a unit (and populate it with an attached Herald, for example; bloodletter's led by a Herald of Khorne) but later decide to delete that entire unit listing, I get that validation 'error' message. This warning message persists even if I load that same list up at a later date.

This isn't the same sort of message as what I would get if I accidentally included two Masque's, and there's nothing in the rules that say I can't include two Herald's of Slaanesh for example each equipped with an Etherblade either.

All Unit Names are unique in the army list (although individual Herald's within said list aren't -- but this isn't usually a problem). The message 'Duplicate Special Characters' doesn't indicate what exactly is the problem either, or even where it is.
Arijharn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old April 7th, 2011, 06:27 AM
You might want to post this in the Warhammer Fantasy Battle forums so UltraPrime can get a heads up about this.
Yobtar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old April 11th, 2011, 05:42 PM
bump bump bump it up
Yobtar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old April 11th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I can't replicate this error. Can you take me through step-by-step what you did, please?
UltraPrime is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Arijharn

Old April 12th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I think it's tied to Bloodcrushers (not Bloodletters) of Khorne, that if I add a Herald to it, add some gifts and delete the unit (while another Bloodcrusher unit with or without Herald exists) I get the error.

I just duplicated it again; try this example:
Army Builder v3.3b #243

Made an army list; Daemons of Chaos - 3000points

Went to Rare choices tab (to order list); chose Bloodcrushers (double-clicked), pressed the plus button so that it reads 7 Bloodcrushers (I believe in the whole Khorne 'magic number thing' don't want to offend the Gods of Chance!)
Went to Heroes tab
Chose Herald of Khorne, clicked and dragged hero into the Bloodcrusher's unit, gave him a Juggernaut mount, gave him Etherblade gift.
--
went back to Rare choices, double-clicked another unit of Bloodcrushers; validation error message of Duplicate Special Characters.

I guess this means it's not limited to deleting the unit while other's present, maybe it occurs if two units of Bloodcrushers are next to each other on the list? I'll try that right now: yep. Two Bloodcrusher units appearing in sequential order gives me this message.

Last edited by Arijharn; April 12th, 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Arijharn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Arijharn

Old April 12th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Update: it happens if there are two bloodcrushers on the list regardless of how far apart they are, I just duplicated my latest test, but separated by another unit or a few units in between (in my case, I've tested with a unit of Flamers sandwiched between them, a Flamer unit and a Beast of Nurgle unit etc, etc)
Arijharn is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old April 12th, 2011, 02:46 AM
ultra i tihnk i can telly ou what is going on...

it thinks the bloodcrushers are a unigue unit when they aren't. EAsy fix, just remove the "generate id tag" from the "other details" section for the unit and problem solved.
gkgnight is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Arijharn

Old April 23rd, 2011, 03:56 PM
Just bumping this in case Ultra is wondering if this is still 'active' or not (it is).
Arijharn is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old May 4th, 2011, 03:34 AM
I had forgotten, but sorted now

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #9 Reply With Quote