Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old August 15th, 2015, 02:20 AM
It would be nice if the "Sync required" button on starting up RealmWorks indicated the required sync direction.

This would be nice because I do all the prep work on my main PC, but actually GM using a laptop.

Mid-way through the week, I don't remember if I made any changes to my laptop, which I'll always check before going back to the main PC to do further work.

This time, the laptop said it needed syncing; but after the sync and going to the main PC I see that no sync is required on my main PC. This must mean that the laptop was downloading data from the server.

I don't need the laptop to download at this point, I only want to download onto the laptop before I head off for the next GM session.
Farling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 15th, 2015, 02:45 AM
Are you sure you meant "Sync Required", not just "Sync"?* I'm used to only seeing "Sync Required" if I've never downloaded a realm or LWD changes something on the server. (Typically along with a new version of Realm Works.)

In any case, a workaround is to open the Options menu for that Realm* and pick Manage Realm Data to compare the local and server versions of the Realm.

* On the Realms page of the Launcher.

Last edited by Parody; August 15th, 2015 at 02:49 AM.
Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 15th, 2015, 03:36 AM
That is probably the correct response. It would nice to have immediate feedback, e.g. showing an more specific icon than the current double arrow.
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote