Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 18th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddtk View Post
I contains a ".hl" fil in which folder shoud I add that file to start testing the program?
.hl files are Hero Lab installer files. So you can simply double click on it and it should start the installer from HL for you.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #111 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 18th, 2014, 11:01 PM
you might need to install on MAC or PC then transfer files onto iPad. Not having tested installing on iPad I'd love to hear how it goes.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
Author of Realms Works Guides
Blog writer at thedarkelf007.home.blog/
thedarkelf007 is offline   #112 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 19th, 2014, 12:13 AM
I think the iPad only does Pathfinder so I don't think it'll work.
AndrewD2 is offline   #113 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 19th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Well give it a try, as the Hero Lab tool should cater to any of the rulesets unless the iPad version is especially different.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
thedarkelf007 is offline   #114 Reply With Quote
lorddtk

Old August 19th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Hi there,

Thank you to thedarkelf007, AndrewD2 and Shadowchemosh for helping me getting started.

I have stare testing and got a few points.

At the tap armory here is some problems with the text showing in the sample collums where some som the text disapears eg. "Armory" where I have bought the "knife, Typical Throwing" the last "ng" can't be seen. Also the collum "Abilities" some of the basic skills got the same problem. Maybe the option of using more lines per skill might help.

Also the at the tap "Armory" list list of Melee weapons damage value is showen wrong. The text is "STR + 3D+1 (7D max)" but the "R" is not readable because it looks like that some other letter is writen on top of it.

That area with the ranged weapons the problem is on both the "T" and the "R" in "STR+1D (6D max)"

I have given my character 10 CP and the spend them all on some basic skills. But the validation list of errors skill claims that there is some unspend CP.

The "In-Play" tap with the "Health" area, is for me a bit confussing. I dont get it that you can get damage with mumbers. I belive that the scale is

Wounded
Wounded twice
Incapitated
Mortally wounded.

And when you then choose the different level of damage it would be nice that the skills got the apropiated reduction.

When you choose to use some of your CP on advancement it would be a good idea to divide the skills into groupes depending on which attribute the belong. IT makes it more logical.

This is a few things I found out. But I do love the concept and hope you would consider working on the project again

I have a user question about the feature where you can choose to hide a summary. I have no problem hiding the summary but I can not get i back again :S
lorddtk is offline   #115 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 19th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkelf007 View Post
Well give it a try, as the Hero Lab tool should cater to any of the rulesets unless the iPad version is especially different.
It is specifically different and ONLY supports Pathfinder and Pathfinder packages. Maybe in the future it will support other game systems but not yet.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #116 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Old September 1st, 2014, 12:08 AM
Part of the issues with the d6 system was I never had time to finish it, which is a problem when I've been too busy to complete it and moved on to the FFG version of the game.

btw the adventures from WEG fit in with the new FFG system.

thedarkelf007 is offline   #117 Reply With Quote
lorddtk

Old September 1st, 2014, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkelf007 View Post
Part of the issues with the d6 system was I never had time to finish it, which is a problem when I've been too busy to complete it and moved on to the FFG version of the game.

btw the adventures from WEG fit in with the new FFG system.
Then I guess ther isn't much logic in me testing the d6 .hl file

Is the damage tabel for charactors the same in FFG system?

When are you planing to have a .hl file out for testing then?
lorddtk is offline   #118 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Old September 1st, 2014, 03:41 AM
I'll have one out for FFG around new years I expect, as I will have time off work then. There is a thread on it here already with some screen shots.

thedarkelf007 is offline   #119 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old April 7th, 2015, 03:02 PM
do you have plans to do more of the D6 data files? i am interested in the games and any amount of help would be badass
TaylorBland is offline   #120 Reply With Quote