Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 18th, 2010, 06:18 PM
How would you do this? I have an item that applies a bonus to one selected Dex based skill. There are no tags on the skills for thier linked attribute, and the only Item I have found that does something similar (the Circlet of Persuasion) does it through an eval to att to all Cha based skills, rather than one of the user's choice.
Lawful_g is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Jhalad

Old October 19th, 2010, 04:29 AM
You would just apply the bonus directly to the skill, rather than to the attribute score bonus of that skill. As far as I know, there is no way to modify the attribute bonus to one specific skill.

I'm guessing you want to do this to allow the player to be flat-footed and loose the bonus to that skill?
Jhalad is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old October 19th, 2010, 06:11 AM
No, I just want to limit the drop down selection to skills that use Dexterity. As I have it now the drop down is all skills, and the bonus is applied only if the selected skill is dex based.
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 19th, 2010, 08:00 AM
For the different traits I have done I just create a Custom Expression for those specific skills. In Pathfinder their are only 7 skills that are Dex based so it goes pretty quickly.

In example:
Code:
thingid.skAcrobatics|thingid.skDisable|thingid.skEscape|thingid.skFly|thingid.skRide|thingid.skSlieght|thingid.skStealth
You will need to double check the Thingid's as I am not near HL so those are my best guess. It would be nice to have a Dex Tag similar to what their is for Knowledge and Profession skills but their is not. Or at least none that I know off.

But the above Custom Expression works and their should be very little reason for their to be future Dex skills added to the game.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old October 19th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Fair enough, I always try to code for future additions, but I think I'll do that if there is no better way.
Lawful_g is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 19th, 2010, 12:21 PM
There's something in the APG (can't remember exactly what) that requires the selection of a mental ability score-linked skill - I just left that at all skills and added "Note: " text to tell the user there isn't a way to enforce that restriction currently.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote