Notices

Closed Thread

Michele
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frumple View Post
So far so good. My only suggestion right now is the ability to set the APL and difficulty of the encounter instead of the EB listing the various APL and difficulties as you build the encounter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
@frumple. I see a "Target CR" that I can set to determine the "XP Budget" for the encounter. Isn't this what you are asking for? APL is the party level; it doesn't change for the encounter, so it is the encounter CR that is important to set, isn't it?
Hi frumple, does this fit your needs for setting a difficulty for the encounter?
Michele is offline   #21
Michele
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezme View Post
- The ability to add CR changing templates such as giant, young, zombie etc...
Hi mezme, for the time being, one way to get around this is to import the hero as an enemy, apply the template you want, reopen the encounter builder, choose a target CR, and check "include enemies in the portfolio in the total CR."
Michele is offline   #22
Manic Modron

Old March 4th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
A treasure generator is one of those things on our long-term todo list, but out of the scope of this project.
Oh, I bet that it is. All those charts to compile and code... that can't be easy work!

Still, I look forward to the day when the Encounter Builder will have a Treasure button that will let me print out a master list of treasure in an .rtf file like a stat block and also have the little icon that lets me pass around that random loot to the NPCs involved.

Already though, I'm enjoying this a great deal more than the standard Import function. Great work so far!
Manic Modron is offline   #23
Golkiwu

Old March 4th, 2014, 03:03 PM
A thought:

-I like to give my creatures max HP on creation. The way it is set now, if I want 100 mites to have max HP, I would need to edit each one to do that (I know I could clone one I modified, but this is a BETA test right?). It would be nice to either have a way to select max HP for the entirety of the selected creatures in the Encounter, or have the Character Configuration options affect all creatures generated with the builder.

That's Homunculus!
Golkiwu is offline   #24
DMG

Old March 4th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Can you give me more details on this? Are you getting a 404, or is the file downloading with a different name, or something else? Also, which email client are you using?
I'm using Outlook 365 (version 15?).

The file is downloading as 'hl43b_beta407_win_install' (it's missing the .exe from the end of the filename). Manually renaming the file after downloading works a treat.
DMG is offline   #25
Steve
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Modron View Post
1. Agree with DR above, showing CR and XP would be great. The opening blurb mentions it, but it doesn't seem to be active yet. Also, being able to key in a CR and add critters till the CR is full would be an awesome thing, but I think that was mentioned as part of the end goal.
You can enter a value for CR in the upper-right corner to set the XP budget. Is this what you wanted to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Modron View Post
2. An easier way to sort by type would be very helpful. Searching for "cold" terrain creatures brings up anything with Cold in the text, even if it isn't a mechanical term. Not a big deal since PFSRD.com does that, but I'd like a onestop shop for these things.
Currently the search field checks the entire statblock. What individual elements would be useful to search?
Steve is offline   #26
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 5th, 2014, 12:18 AM
In regards to Encounter building, features that I would want to see include randomly generated treasure for the encounters. It would save GMs a lot of time having to generate these by hand if the software generated encounters with appropriate treasure based on the XP Advancement being used.

I'd also like to see the ability to limit encounters by CR, Subtypes, and Environment. If I wanted to just generate random encounters for a mountain region at CR 4 it would be nice to just put in that data and software creates an encounter appropriate for it with treasure displayed.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #27
FurryQuandary

Old March 5th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Hi,

I'm having an issues with the Search feature. I think it seems to be searching on type, but not name. For example, if I search for Ogre, I get several monster, including an orgekin, but not an Ogre. If I search for Giant, I get several creatures with the Giant subtype, like an Ogre, but no Giants (as Hill, or Stone).

Also, an option to change the list order would be nice. It displays in CR order at the moment, name order would be useful, but if the search worked by name, that wouldn't be as needed.

Thanks,
FQ
FurryQuandary is offline   #28
CorzatTheGray

Old March 5th, 2014, 06:33 AM
So far liking what I'm seeing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
Hi mezme, for the time being, one way to get around this is to import the hero as an enemy, apply the template you want, reopen the encounter builder, choose a target CR, and check "include enemies in the portfolio in the total CR."
Glad I found the "include enemies in the portfolio..." check box. Was starting to get frustrated when I couldn't see what the effect of adding something in to an encounter already imported would do to the CR.

I immediately liked what I was seeing when I thought about the ease of summoning something now with this tool. Rather than slogging through the stock file importer, now all it takes is opening this up and searching for what you want to summon.

When searching, as others have already stated, would love to be able to customize the sorting in some way.

Standardizing what appears below the stock files would also be something to iron out. Whether it be Source, CR, Region, etc.

As I keep working with it I'll keep posting.

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #29
Giorgio

Old March 5th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Ok, hope I can add something constructive.

Just received my beta email, but when I download the windows file it doesn't have an "exe" extension, and Windows 7 tells me it is an unknown file/cant install. It downloads the file "hl43b-beta407_win_install" , and when I click to run it is says "unknown file type" and opens a box that says "Choose the program that you want to use to open this file".

So I renamed the file to add ".exe" and it then changed to an application file. it worked. I installed the HL beta and imported the file (from my downloads folder), so far so good.

2- When I got the program to run, I could not find a way to filter results by CR, creature type, or MOST important to me, Terrain Type. These filters will go a long way to make this program useful for me. (Currently, I have to go to http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary to do it manually).

3- When I try to search for "orc", "ogre" or "skeleton" it doesn't pull those entries in the search bar.

I will give the program another run tomorrow, and see what else I can find out. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to participate!
Giorgio is offline   #30
Closed Thread