Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Dryder

Old April 7th, 2014, 01:07 AM
So, I haven't even started looking into RW until lately. I am a backer, though, and now have a question:

I am an Alpha Wolf backer, receiving top tier cloud service for the life of my account. At least, that's what the KS says.

Does this mean, that my players don't have to buy the Players software, in order to access my stuff through their browser for EVER?!
Dryder is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old April 7th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Dryder.. The top tier just means you have the most access to the cloud based abilities of Realm Works. It does not give you extra privileges for people outside of your account such as your players. Now the web based browser player version of RW is not implemented nor will it be for a while yet even after the touted player version coming out in May.

It is unclear on if they will charge for the web based version either. ..

hope I answered some of your question
Nikmal is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old April 7th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Dryder.. The top tier just means you have the most access to the cloud based abilities of Realm Works. It does not give you extra privileges for people outside of your account such as your players. Now the web based browser player version of RW is not implemented nor will it be for a while yet even after the touted player version coming out in May.

It is unclear on if they will charge for the web based version either. ..

hope I answered some of your question
"The other option players will have is a web-based interface. This solution will have less functionality compared to the standalone client, but it will be accessible via virtually any web browser on just about any device. Web-based player access should be available sometime after the V1.0 launch and will be completely free for players. (Source: http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/2...-plan-pricing/ - What are Player Accounts and when will they be available? )

Dryder, my understanding is exactly as yours: You have lifetime cloud access and your players, should they choose to only use the Web access, will be able to do so for free.

Yes, they can purchase the player or full version if desired, but it would not be required for what I'm guessing is required for them to see information you have shared with them via the cloud.
enrious is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2014, 03:15 AM
Just to make it official, the answers above are all basically correct. To sum up...

* Alpha Wolf backers get free everything for their personal account for life.

* Players can utilize the web-based access for free once it's available.

* Players can utilize the Player Edition if they choose to purchase it, but there is no requirement to do so. The price is currently projected to be $9.99.

* GMs do NOT need to purchase the Player Edition to access a realm as a player. They will simply use their full copy of the product to do so.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
suntzu777

Old April 19th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Will there be an option for players to store their notes on the realm? or is the player view just that a view only

Thanks

Rob
suntzu777 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
kate

Old May 8th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Any update on when the player version / player web access will be available? My campaign is getting complex enough that I'm considering starting a wiki for player info - exactly what Realm Works was supposed to replace.
kate is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2014, 02:23 PM
We're hoping to have news about the Player Edition in the next week or so. Thanks for checking in.
liz is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old May 9th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kate View Post
Any update on when the player version / player web access will be available? My campaign is getting complex enough that I'm considering starting a wiki for player info - exactly what Realm Works was supposed to replace.
Just as an FYI they did say that they would have the players version in May
Nikmal is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
galford13x

Old May 9th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Will it be possible to contain a locally available web service. For instance, could I publish the content locally such that I could access it locally and others on my local network could access it?

Essentially there may be instances in which me and my group may not have internet access. I would like the ability to publish the content so that they can access it via a local web page.
galford13x is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old May 10th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I think that is on their radar. (Think!)

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #20 Reply With Quote