Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
I noticed that javelins are using your strength modifier to calculate their attack bonus, assuming that you are using them in melee (which they are not made for, hence the -4 penalty). They are usually ranged weapons, so shouldn't they use Dex to calc by default?

Upon further investigation, I have noticed this is the case with all weapons that can be used in melee or thrown, which I can understand for some things (like daggers and clubs, not many throw those), but not others (how is a dart a melee weapon? and Axe, throwing has it in the name!). Is this because they need to use the strength modifier to damage when thrown?

Just thought I would point it out for correction. Thanks guys.

Last edited by Lawful_g; May 22nd, 2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Further investigation
Lawful_g is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 28th, 2009, 06:50 PM
In a separate matter, I noticed something odd about weapons that do 2 different types of damage. They have one type in the primary, and another in the secondary, which I thought was for the second head of a double weapon. Is this intentional? I ran across this when I was making a material that checks for certain damage types, and noticed that morningstars were not getting the bonus correctly.

I fixed this by adding a check for the off hand damage type, but it made me think.... what if I have a wierd double weapon with one head that does Piercing/Slashing and the other head that does slashing only? Shouldn't the off hand, secondary button be reserved for that?

Anyway, thought it might be a typo, supposed to be with both damage tags on primary so the secondary would be free.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 28th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Also noticed that Scythe is missing a damage tag. According to the PH, supposed to do P or S.... currently Hero Lab only marks it as P
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 14th, 2009, 03:55 PM
The Bard spell Obscure Object is missing from Hero Lab. Posting here to let you know the error.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Azseron

Old June 17th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I noticed this last night, Prone is listed in Hero Lab as +4 AC to Melee and -4 AC to Ranged Attacks. Whereas the DMG lists it as -4 to Melee and +4 AC to ranged attacks.
Azseron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 19th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Nice catch

Another error I noticed. The spell Magic Circle Against Law is missing components.
Lawful_g is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 25th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the bug reports. The following will be fixed in the next release:

Dagger, Morningstar, and Halberd now use only wType.? tags for their weapon types, rather than using both wType and wTypeOff tags.

Scythe is now a P/S weapon

Added the Bard version of obscure object

Added V,S,D/MF to all versions of Magic Circle Against Law

Fixed the text on the Prone condition (the bonus/penalty had been reversed).
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old July 1st, 2009, 06:20 PM
Thanks mghel. Are you like, an official employee now? Should I direct all future bug-posts to you rather than Rob/Colen?

Also, could you correct the pre-req for Improved Precise Shot? As posted elsewhere, it is currently 13 rather than the correct 19.
Lawful_g is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
I'm still a contractor. I'm taking over maintenance of the d20 files, so I'll be handling most of the bug reports. You should still post them in this forum, and whoever gets to them first can handle them.

Improved Precise Shot will be fixed in the next release.
Mathias is online now   #9 Reply With Quote