Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheMaskedFerret

Old November 28th, 2018, 05:13 AM
I have reached the tier with one of my characters where I can purchase a Capstone Boon (in this case, the Second Seekers [Luasi Elesbo] "Rising Star" capstone boon). How can I apply the effects of this boon to the new character that I am creating?

I have Added a journal entry with -5 fame spent (which adds it to your total) and a custom feat (which I detailed the issues with in another ticket and submitted a related bug), but is there another way to get it that would properly apply it, including the Fame purchase discounts being included somewhere visible on the character sheet?
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 28th, 2018, 07:47 AM
You've done it correctly. What else were you looking for or expecting for how we would handle this? Fame is a spendable resource, so it can't be added through adjustments or abilities (those would either make it permanent, or you'd be able to delete and re-add them for more shots of fame) - it has to be added on the journal, and the 5 fame surcharge for making purchases far from home is not something we list anywhere right now, so I'm not sure where we could list the change to that value.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old November 28th, 2018, 08:13 AM
I understand about the Fame, and how Hero Lab works. I would think that it might be appropriate for this to go under the "Special Abilities" Window.

Or, since it reduces the costs of boons that you can purchase, make sure that it reduces those Fame costs?
Quote:
That character begins play with 5 Fame
to spend on purchases and no longer pays additional Fame for
purchases in Near Space, and pays only 3 additional Fame for
purchases made in the Vast (instead of 5).
All of the capstone boons should probably fall under the "Special Abilities" window, though some of the others do not have mechanical effects.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 28th, 2018, 08:32 AM
What do you mean by "reduces the cost of boons that you can purchase"? I see nothing in the boon that reduces costs - all it does is to give you a discount on the surcharge you have to pay if you make a fame purchase somewhere far from civilization.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old November 28th, 2018, 08:51 AM
I see your point. Hero Lab does not currently allow for a cost difference in Near Space and the Vast if you are using Fame, so the ability does not currently have any mechanical effect in Hero Lab.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #5 Reply With Quote