Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tatteredking

Old June 20th, 2011, 02:54 AM
OK so I didn't have my books handy and was just pulling things out of the air....there are some factions you can join in some games that don't require Edges. You wouldn't be able to join a faction like that and be a priest of a certain god.
tatteredking is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old June 20th, 2011, 06:24 AM
bad TK....double post
tatteredking is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 20th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatteredking View Post
hey rob, in the source files, where would I find scripts that create the faction dropdown on the main page, and the faction tab in the editor? I'd like to play around and see if I could add in a "deity" functionality. If you can point me in the right direction...I'll have the files destroyed in no time

Don't worry, I've already created a "mysavage" directory and copied everything over.
The faction handling logic is distributed across various places in the data files. In each case, just do a search for the word "faction" within the file in question. Here's a quick road map....
  • tags.1st - Contains the tags that control the enablement and behavior of the factions mechanism
  • actor.str - Handles the custom naming behaviors for the faction so an author can change the name to "Cabal", "Order", or whatever
  • traits.str - The Faction component and component set are defined here, from which every faction will derive
  • form_static.dat - Integrates the display of the faction chooser into the panel at the top of HL
  • editor.dat - Mechanism for defining custom factions via their own tab in the Editor
  • sheet_standard1.dat - Includes the faction in character sheet output
  • sheet_standard2.dat - Includes the faction in character sheet output for allies
  • out_statblock.dat - Includes the faction in statblock output
  • out_custom.dat - Includes the faction in any custom output
  • procedures.dat - Includes the faction in mouse-over output shown on the Dashboard and TacCon
  • thing_validate.dat - Verifies that a faction is selected when one is required
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 20th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatteredking View Post
OK so I didn't have my books handy and was just pulling things out of the air....there are some factions you can join in some games that don't require Edges. You wouldn't be able to join a faction like that and be a priest of a certain god.
If you want, I can add to the todo list a second faction that would behave the same way as the current one. Or... what if I guided you through the process and you added it? Then I could drop it into an update and it would be generally available for everyone to use. Would you be game for that?
rob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I'd be willing to give it a try...
CapedCrusader is offline   #15 Reply With Quote