Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tatteredking

Old May 25th, 2011, 05:56 AM
OK, so I am multitasking on Sundered Skies and Realms of Chthulhu.

Roc Has two new mechanics in it

1) Sanity - this works like wounds and fatigue, and I am not too concerned with this quite yet.

2) Interests - this works like Smarts-based languages. I'm attempting to determine if this is functionality I could add into the .user file or if this would have to be coded into the main SW file?
tatteredking is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Sanity ought to be doable, based on the minimal info given above. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about how interests work to be able to give you any clear answer. Could you please provide the full paragraph or two from the rulebook that explains exactly how they work?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old June 6th, 2011, 08:26 AM
hey Rob, I think if you did Interests like Languages are done, it would be fine. There is no dice associated with it. It's probably easy enough to write it in the background of the character, but having a field like Languages would be good too.

While asking, having the Language box as a drop-down menu referencing languages specific to the setting would be cool. But then, with a real world setting, having a couple hundred languages for a modern-day Earth setting would get unwieldy. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realms of Cthulhu
Every investigator is a sum of their parts, and in addition to their skills and traits, possesses a number of interests and hobbies that may have nothing whatsoever to do with their professional pursuits, or may, at best, complement them on occasion. Your investigator begins with a number of defining interests equal to half their Smarts die type. Any permanent increase in an investigator’s Smarts grants them the appropriate number of additional defining interests that should be selected at the time of the increase. A defining interest gives the investigator a base +1 to their Common Knowledge roll when the subject is called into question.
tatteredking is offline   #3 Reply With Quote