Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

daplunk

Old February 13th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Yes that is a specific product.

The core feats are all still there.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #391 Reply With Quote
TheEnthusiast

Old February 13th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallstorm View Post
Hello,

I have a question. If it is already been asked please forgive me. I am just wondering if we will be able to have an option to do custom races (not as npc) with any future updates? This way if a PC is wanting to play a race that is homebrewed by the game master or not covered in the SRD it the player can simply create it in the same manner that custom backgrounds, gods, etcetera can be created. Thank you for all the volunteers who have authored the file btw.
I don't promise much, but I could implement it. Do you have a link to a description of this homebrew race?
TheEnthusiast is offline   #392 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 14th, 2017, 01:56 PM
For anyone wondering why 5th Edition Feats by TPK games was removed from support please read the latest patch notes:

Version 2.1 of the 5th Edition SRD files for Hero Lab is now available!

The Community Pack is always happy to support content that is requested by the users but ultimately our goal is to supplement the experience and not compete with the official content.

In any cases where a company is working with LWD to release content officially our voluntary stance is to stop supporting that product.

Quote:
Note: This is not something we have been asked to do. We simply want to support more companies to work with LWD to support Hero Lab for D&D5e and offering the same content for free is not how we achieve that goal.
We have functionality in place that allows us to stop the options from being applied to any new characters created in Hero Lab while allowing any characters that have already taken the options to continue to function.

Hopefully... one-day... you will see the PHB and all other official content removed from support also

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #393 Reply With Quote
dungeoncrawler

Old February 15th, 2017, 12:21 PM
nm, reading post above.

Last edited by dungeoncrawler; February 15th, 2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: new info
dungeoncrawler is offline   #394 Reply With Quote
rdcron

Old March 7th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Hi, I am new to this software and I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find it. I have downloaded and installed the community pack to my iPad but I can't access the content. For example the only backgrounds that appear are acolyte and custom. Do I need to activate the content somehow?

Thanks!
rdcron is offline   #395 Reply With Quote
rdcron

Old March 7th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Never mind, finally figured it out.
rdcron is offline   #396 Reply With Quote
malakav

Old March 13th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Greetings, does anyone have a link to encounter libraries for Hoard of Dragon Queen, Rise of tiamat, Ravenloft, Etc.

also an updated monster list that includes latest monsters from Volo?

I want my database to have more options, and need to have the encounters because some monsters don't seem to be inside the encounter buider, if anyone can provide a way to put them in there, or if somebody has already done this, can you share your file

Please
malakav is offline   #397 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 13th, 2017, 02:04 PM
If anyone does have this we should probably talk.

Personally I don't have a great need for this since LWD released the custom monster builder. I use Realm Works and put all my monsters in there. So each monster article has a Hero Lab Snippet that contains the monster that I build using the custom race.

This way I have a huge database of monsters but don't have to put all the extra effort (and its alot of effort) into building the monsters properly in Hero Lab.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #398 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old March 13th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
If anyone does have this we should probably talk.

Personally I don't have a great need for this since LWD released the custom monster builder. I use Realm Works and put all my monsters in there. So each monster article has a Hero Lab Snippet that contains the monster that I build using the custom race.

This way I have a huge database of monsters but don't have to put all the extra effort (and its alot of effort) into building the monsters properly in Hero Lab.
I haven't done much with Raslm Works yet, but I'll have to remember that you can do this. Do you have a video on youtube showing how you did it?

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #399 Reply With Quote