Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DarnellHayes

Old July 8th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Uhmm...is it just me or are the download speeds for downloading your initial version (or downloading an update through the interface) extremely slow?

I recently bought Realm Works last weekend and it took me 20min to download a 42MB file. I'm trying to install the new 1.0.38 version and I've been staring at the "Please Wait - Downloading...." screen for about 10min so far.

Sync'ing the realm is actually pretty fast; no problems there. Just downloading is taking a while.

Anyone else?

(Overall, a pretty satisfied customer...just wondering about the download speeds.)
DarnellHayes is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 8th, 2015, 09:07 PM
This past weekend, we had some major issues with our hosting provided for the main website. It's possible there are still some issues that haven't been resolved. Please let us know if anyone else is experiencing slowdowns so we can bring the matter to the attention of our hosting provider.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old July 8th, 2015, 09:23 PM
The update was slow for me. I just downloaded and upgraded less than an hour ago. Didn't time it but *much* slower than in the past.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 9th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Hi there,

I just tested things on our end by downloading the Hero Lab Pathfinder data files in under a minute (that's 120mb worth of stuff). The in-app update for Realm Works also takes just a few seconds for me. It's possible this was some sort of temporary slowdown between you and our servers - is anyone else experiencing this issue?

If so, could you please go to our web site and download Realm Works from here:

http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/g...orks/download/

How long does it take? What sort of download speed do you get?

Thanks,

Colen
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Derfel

Old July 9th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hi there,

I just tested things on our end by downloading the Hero Lab Pathfinder data files in under a minute (that's 120mb worth of stuff). The in-app update for Realm Works also takes just a few seconds for me. It's possible this was some sort of temporary slowdown between you and our servers - is anyone else experiencing this issue?

If so, could you please go to our web site and download Realm Works from here:

http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/g...orks/download/

How long does it take? What sort of download speed do you get?

Thanks,

Colen

It took me 2-3 mins to download it. I would say it's normal considering my physical location and internet speed.
Derfel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old July 9th, 2015, 01:45 PM
I tested the download from the link and it took about 5 minutes, which isn't too bad. Much better than update last night. Might have just been a temp. slowdown as Colen suggested.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DarnellHayes

Old July 10th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Much Better. Was able to download the installer in a few seconds.

Much appreciated for the response!
DarnellHayes is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old July 11th, 2015, 12:55 PM
I'm still having massively slow download speeds. I just got a new laptop, so I've been spending my day downloading and installing "all the things."

Downloading the 30ish MB installer for Realm Works took 4 or 5 minutes. At the same time I downloaded another installer that was approximately the same size and it took 10-15 seconds. My computer's download monitor was clocking the transfer at about 100 Kbps. I'm also having the same problems with Hero Lab - I'm downloading data packages and the Pathfinder package is taking a huge amount of time. It has been going for about 15 minutes and it's only about halfway done.

I routinely get 20 Mbps on my WiFi connection, so there is something going on here.

This is not the first time I've had this problem. The past several times I've needed to update Hero Lab or Realm Works I've had very similar problems with download speed.
JustinThomason is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old July 13th, 2015, 01:08 PM
If you've been downloading lots of updates, your ISP might have throttled you down due to data caps or whatnot. May want to check with them if it's affecting more than just Realm Works.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old July 13th, 2015, 03:03 PM
@Mystic Lemur - Nope. The only service I am having significant slowdown with is Lone Wolf's products. No other downloads before or after have been slower than normal, and we're having no issues with things like Netflix or Amazon streaming.

Last edited by JustinThomason; July 13th, 2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Typo
JustinThomason is offline   #10 Reply With Quote