Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Frodie

Old December 13th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Ok, I am not sure how to tackle this one. So, any ideas on a direction that would be very cool.

I have a feat (that can be taken multiple times) that grants an extra class custom ability (a modern Talent). The script works fine. The issue is it is for multiple classes with a mix of base classes and prestige classes. (This is for the MSRD classes of the modern files).

I have each class scripted and with a custom tag, all works great if there is only one class. The issue is when you start mixing classes.

The feat gives a class, one extra class custom ability, each time you take it. But if you have two classes, the feat gives a bonus to each class.

So any ideas on a direction to handle this.

I thought about a feat for each class, but I want to keep it down to a min.

Last edited by Frodie; December 13th, 2017 at 03:00 PM.
Frodie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 13th, 2017, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure what error you're encountering - is the feat supposed to grant a bonus to all of them, and it's currently only altering a random one? In that case, sounds like you need a foreach. Is it altering all of them, and is supposed to select only one (chosen in a drop-down on that feat)? If so, then you'll need code that counts the number of classes on the character, builds a menu if there's more than one, and then either sets a focus to the selected class, or if there's only one class, uses findchild to set a focus to that class. Once you have the focus set up, then you can make whatever adjustments you need to do.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old December 13th, 2017, 03:16 PM
The drop box, thank you! I should have thought of that. IDK sometimes it's right there and you just can't see it. Thank you again!
Frodie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote