Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 1st, 2012, 08:22 PM
This is minor and by no means something that you should consider moving to the front of your "to-do" list.

I was wondering if it was possible to have the weapons and armor listed with their hardness and hit points adjusted for magic? My players tend to get their gear beat up and they like to do the same to the NPCs. Having this precalculated would be nice.
blzbob is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:26 AM
Dear AncientOne,

Thanks!

Kizan

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?
Kizan is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
Version 4.1 has been released through the auto-update mechanism.

This version has exactly one change: A fix for the "grey screen of death" issue that effected some characters with Minions.

This does not fix the "grey screen of death" issue that effects users of the Mac version of Hero Lab.
AncientOne is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
Another source of the "Grey Screen of Death" issue has been found:

If you use a double-quote in a simple/1-line text field (like character-name or player-name), the sheet will fail. You can safely use single-quotes or other characters. For example, a character name like [Nix "the Knife"] will cause the sheet to fail but a name like [Nix 'the Knife'] will work as expected.

Double-quotes in long text fields like your journal are fine.

This has been added to the 'Known Issues' list and will be fixed in the next version.
AncientOne is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Mike Dowd

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:11 AM
AncientOne:

Is there any way to 'hard code' a Ray or Ranged Touch "weapon" that can be checked and added to your sheet for printout?
Mike Dowd is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dowd View Post
AncientOne:

Is there any way to 'hard code' a Ray or Ranged Touch "weapon" that can be checked and added to your sheet for printout?
To do this their is a simple .user file you can add that adds a Ranged Touch Attack and Touch Attack weapon to the list of weapons. This way they print in the weapon section of your character sheet. They can also be selected by Weapon Focus etc..

Go to d20psrd and in the zMisc folder at the bottom look for a file named "TouchAttacks.user".

Drop that into your HL data set, instructions at the top of the website, and then restart HL. You will then find the weapon listed in the weapon section. My players use this all the time and they print out just fine on A1's sheet.

Also for all those looking to get the special wording of like "+1d6 Fire" or such next to your weapon please take a look at my Adjustments addon. It does this and ALLOT more.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:29 AM
What ShadowChemosh said.

(Hero Lab is capable of a lot more than what I personally have used, so I appreciate it when others jump in with answers!)
AncientOne is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
To do this their is a simple .user file you can add that adds a Ranged Touch Attack and Touch Attack weapon to the list of weapons. This way they print in the weapon section of your character sheet. They can also be selected by Weapon Focus etc..
I did just test this out with a Magus with a longsword and "Touch Attack" weapon. I then told A1's sheet to "Always Print Two-Weapon Attacks". Unfortunately I get "Unknown handedness (no two-weapon fighting values available)".

I looked at the XML, attached to this post, and don't see any info about Light/One-handed so I assume you have that listed in the sheet. Could maybe these two weapons be added so a Magus using a Longsword and Touch Attack during Spell-Combat will have the correct values listed?

That last thing is and its not big but our group does not use Hero Points but does use Action Points. Could the Hero Point section change to Action Points when they are found and Hero Points is not? Be nice but AP's still show in the tracked section so not huge in anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Unnamed_Hero.zip (20.5 KB, 3 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
So have a character with "Damage Reduction" but the value does not get displayed at the top of the sheet next to HP. Their is a box for DR but it does not show.

I have attached to this post the pdf and the xml of the character.

Wanted to add I "LOVE" the ability to move sections around on the sheet. That is so freaking cool.
Attached Files
File Type: zip No DR shows.zip (114.6 KB, 1 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 6th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So have a character with "Damage Reduction" but the value does not get displayed at the top of the sheet next to HP. Their is a box for DR but it does not show.
Yea... my sheet has always had this "limitation". I can certainly put something there, but I've never been sure how to represent DR in that tiny box. (that section is done the same way as the standard character sheet).

For example, a character might have both DR "10/Magic" and "5/Fire". Neither of those would fit in that box by itself, let alone both together.

Any suggestions? I could just put in a "Yes" and leave it to you to look up elsewhere. Or I could pick the highest DR value and just put the number there (in this example, it would just be the value "10").
AncientOne is offline   #50 Reply With Quote