Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Itzi

Old August 15th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Save the environment and use screens at the table
I use HLC (and RW) extensively at the table for running games. I've played games with everyone using tablets/laptops to manage their characters and I've played many more games with people using dead tree versions of their characters.

I've found that I enjoy the games more when the players are using paper versions of their characters. The distraction of the device more than takes away the benefit gained from the software. Eyes tend to be more on the screen than on each other.

Granted that could be my players, but my players have ranged in age from early teens to 50+ and the behavior has been demonstrated across all age-groups.

*shrug*

Just a single person's experience.
Itzi is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old August 20th, 2019, 08:39 AM
So is it a web browser that you buy the computer for?

I know some are cheesed at Windows for one reason or another, and Apple is becoming more irrelevant as time passes, but this seems like paying the farm for a small flower bed.

Steam, Origin, and others can't be used on this platform is my assumtion, that it is likely just for Candy Crush and Gems of War.
thaX is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Itzi

Old August 22nd, 2019, 10:32 AM
... or for Google Docs and many other web applications.

The schools around here give every student a chromebook for their own use. They take it home and use it for all their schoolwork and keep it as long as they're a student in the district.

The ones they use are in the $100-$150 range. Very cost-effective for a specific purpose.

I have a desktop and a surface that I use for crunchy things, but for many trips my chromebook is more than sufficient and if something happens to it, it's more of a 'dang, that sucks' vs 'How am I going to afford to replace that?'
Itzi is offline   #23 Reply With Quote