Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
morval

Old November 26th, 2014, 01:20 AM
I for some reason just assumed PE was realtime sync, I thought that was the reason for the cloud, like how Roll20 uses the cloud, never really looked too hard at the specs I guess.

That's too bad its not, anyone not playing face to face will not find it as useful. Even face to face I'd rather have a live PE that any player could bring up on their own notebook, live no syncing required. Then they can move around looking up things while others take notes while on the big screen the GM displays what information he wants them to see via PV.

Maybe the PE web version could be live sync when the GM syncs so the players don't have to sync at least?

For non face to face games if I was a player I would love to have a VTT open on one screen and PE open on another if it was live syncing. Just imagine all the world's info at your finger tips.

If I was the player I would still find PE as is very useful, but most of my players will never use it in between sessions. They might bring it up during a session on their own notebook and see information they needed even if its not synced, that could be useful. So I think I'll hold off on that five PE purchase I was about to do. Will just use PV for our face to face and live with that.

My ultimate wish would be for a RW that was more like the Roll20 model. Everyone connects to a central server and sees all the data change in real time. Even better then would be different player views like you can do with roll20. So you can reveal information to some players, but not others, etc.

The problem with using just PV during the face to face is the players can't add notes about things they find during the session directly in RW since its all on the GM's computer. That would be more useful for players I think. THey come upon a NPC, ask some questions, then jot some notes down about the guy, we need to ask him something else next day or he is hiding something. Then when you don't play for another month you can see your notes. Yes you can do these notes between sessions, but my players won't unfortunately.

But I still think RW is a great program, can't wait for the calendar, would love weather!
morval is offline   #11 Reply With Quote