Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aleslosh

Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:14 PM
As the tool gets more and more robust (honestly, it's EXTREMEMLY robust right now!) it may be helpful to some folks for RW to have a Wizard that asks basic questions about the realm they want to enter and pre-populates that skeleton into the correct location within RW. This will then be the road map they follow for entering the rest of the information needed and at the same time gives them a hands-on tutorial for entering the rest of the info required.

The Wizard would ask basic questions like....
  • Where does your story begin? (Enter name of Country, town or village, etc.)
  • Who is the main Villain?
  • Where do the PC's meet up for the first time? (Enter name of location [example: St Christopher's Graveyard] and event if applicable [describe event]

Possibly after entering the info and before going to the next question, you are shown where this info resides which then shows the tutorial content for that section of RW (the stuff you have already created). I would keep the questions asked in the wizard to one which represents each of the main ribbon buttons.

I would see this as a modification/addition to the existing tutorial realm already in place.

The sheer volume of possibilities available to the GM when creating a new realm may be very daunting to some that are not familiar with this type of interface.

Would anyone find something like this useful?
Aleslosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:49 PM
I can see how that would be useful, but the tutorial videos and the included optional tutorial content were enough for me to get a decent idea of where to start.

Do you think this could be done well and still be setting/genre neutral?
Mystic Lemur is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2014, 11:21 PM
This is something we originally wanted to include in V1.0, but there was just too much work getting everything else into place that we had to defer it. We definitely want to do something like this, as it would provide a great way to "prime" the realm AND perform an initial tailoring of the category and tag structure to what the user would typically need. For that second part, we would automatically hide categories (or section types within them) that didn't make sense for the genre. For example, if it's a classic fantasy game, we probably don't need Celestial Regions and can turn them off. If the user wanted them, the category could be turned right back on, but 98% of the time, it won't be needed/wanted.

So this is definitely on the todo list. We just need to find time to get it done along with everything else on our plate.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
pickin_grinnin

Old April 29th, 2014, 10:47 PM
I think that's a great idea.
pickin_grinnin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote