Originally Posted by CptCoots View Post
Well ain't you friggen smart?
I have my moments.
Sendric is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 12th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
Incantatrix was the only HL project I did for d20 that got anywhere. After that, my group converted to Pathfinder; I have a few half-finished PF projects lying around, but RL has gotten in the way quite a bit in the past months
Fair enough. I'll just include this then if that's ok with you.
Sendric is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 12th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCoots View Post
Okay so a few things.
  1. Updated Arcane Thesis

Arcane Thesis: I saw something really weird when I was testing this with the finished Incantatrix. It was allowing metamagic feats that do not adjust level to incur a -1 to the level, but only when they were not the only metamagic feat on the spell. I think this is not okay. In no way should it be easier. So I adjusted the code slightly to check to make sure the mmLevel>=1 before incrementing the potential level reduction (LvlRed). Example: You put City Spell and Maximize on a Ray of Frost and you have the Arcane Thesis: Ray of Frost feat. Normally Maximize gives a +3 level adjustment (LA) and City Spell gives a +0 LA incurring a total of +3 LA. But with arcane thesis each takes a -1 bonus so now the LA is +1. Compare this to when you just Maximize the spell as incur a +2 LA. See? That is stupid.
Arcane Thesis also currently has an annoying functionality where all versions of spells in your spellbook and memorized are available for selection. Anyone know how to restrict this to just spellbook or known?
Can you provide the exact line of code you added/modified so I can insert it into my copy? I would to make sure we match exactly before I distribute it.

I think there's a way to restrict the spells, but I have to do some digging to figure it out. I agree, it is annoying.

Update: Nevermind about the code. I just realized you put it in the incantatrix file.

Last edited by Sendric; July 12th, 2013 at 12:07 PM.
Sendric is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old July 12th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Fair enough. I'll just include this then if that's ok with you.
I'm more than OK with it, I had planned on donating this to the community if I ever got around to solving that last ability script...
Lord Magus is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 12th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
I'm more than OK with it, I had planned on donating this to the community if I ever got around to solving that last ability script...
Great. I've grabbed the file. I'll end up re-naming and re-sourcing it so it plays nice with the rest of the set. Thanks!

Last edited by Sendric; July 12th, 2013 at 12:12 PM.
Sendric is offline   #45 Reply With Quote