Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old January 6th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
As for this, my guess is you could be doing this too soon. When you want to change the name of something, I find it easiest to run these in the Final Phase. A couple of other things to note is that I think you intend to use ">=" instead of just ">", and I got an error on the field. The line:

Code:
level = field[xTotalLev].value
sets "level" equal to the value of xTotalLev on the thing the script is on. That may be your intention, but I wasn't sure, so I changed it on the version I wrote. I also changed who you are modifying the name. I find using variables as a string to have very inconsistent success, so I removed that. Here's what I have:

Final Phase/5000
Code:
 ~ Calculate our total level - our Kundula level plus any 'extra levels'
      ~ assigned to us
      var level as number
      level = herofield[tTotLevel].value

~ Assign the Number of times the alternate form is active.
      if (level >= 10) then
        field[livename].text = field[name].text & " (1/day)"
      elseif (level >= 15) then
        field[livename].text = field[name].text & " (3/day)"
      elseif (level >= 20) then
        field[livename].text = field[name].text & " (at Will)"
      endif
See if that does what you are looking for.
Nope, the Append wont work because I'm using this to modify the Class Special, so it would come out as:
Alternate Form (1/day) (1/day)

And no matter how many levels of the class I have it still shows:
Alternate Form (1/day) (1/day) on the Specials tab.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; January 6th, 2014 at 10:01 AM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 6th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Quote:
To do this with a bootstrap, you can use the following condition:

Code:
hero#Race.Human | hero#Race.HalfElf
I've already done this on my end and tested it. It works just fine, so assuming that my interpretation of your intentions is correct, you can do this for all of your traits for whatever languages they are supposed to add.
That works great for AUTOMATIC languages, but I want to add languages to the bonus languages.

Quote:
Also, on your pre-req for Aglarond, you can reduce all that code to:

Code:
validif (tagis[Race.Human] + tagis[Race.HalfElf] + tagis[HasTrait.trPFAdopte] <> 0)
Well that works, works very well.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 6th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
Nope, the Append wont work because I'm using this to modify the Class Special, so it would come out as:
Alternate Form (1/day) (1/day)

And no matter how many levels of the class I have it still shows:
Alternate Form (1/day) (1/day) on the Specials tab.
Well, the first thing to do is to remove "(1/day)" from the name of the ability. Just keep it as "Ability Focus". If you want it based on class levels, then use this to set the variable (replacing "Fighter" with whatever class you have):

Code:
level = #levelcount[Fighter]
To be honest, though, you don't even need to use a variable (as I show below). Also, I just realized why it doesn't change. I forgot to reverse the level checking. You need to check for the highest level first. So, the script should look like this instead:

Code:
      if (#levelcount[Fighter] >= 20) then
        field[livename].text = field[name].text & " (at Will)"
      elseif (#levelcount[Fighter] >= 15) then
        field[livename].text = field[name].text & " (3/day)"
      elseif (#levelcount[Fighter] >= 10) then
        field[livename].text = field[name].text & " (1/day)"
      endif
Sendric is online now   #23 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 6th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Quote:
That works great for AUTOMATIC languages, but I want to add languages to the bonus languages.
My mistake. In that case, the only change to your code I would make is to combine the two races into one line, as such:

Code:
if (tagis[Race.Human] + tagis[Race.HalfElf] <> 0) then
  perform hero.assign[Language.lChessenta]
  perform hero.assign[Language.lDamaran]
  perform hero.assign[Language.lDraconic]
endif
Also, I noticed you have "Don't generate pre-requisite?" checked on the language Chessentan. I think this is just a mis-click or something. You'll want to remove it, though, or else it will always show up as a possible bonus language.
Sendric is online now   #24 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 10th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Quote:
My mistake. In that case, the only change to your code I would make is to combine the two races into one line, as such:

Code:
if (tagis[Race.Human] + tagis[Race.HalfElf] <> 0) then
  perform hero.assign[Language.lChessenta]
  perform hero.assign[Language.lDamaran]
  perform hero.assign[Language.lDraconic]
endif
Does not work, I've tried for several days to get this to work using every conceivable timing. And nothing.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 10th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Does not work, I've tried for several days to get this to work using every conceivable timing. And nothing.
Add hero. in front of "tagis" for both human and half-elf. I got this to work at Post-levels/10000.

Code:
if (hero.tagis[Race.Human] + hero.tagis[Race.HalfElf] <> 0) then
Sendric is online now   #26 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 10th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Well I've found, the problem I think... I have selected "Secret Language?" checked. I did this to prevent humans from automatically having the language as an option, humans automatically having the faerun languages automatically invalidates the whole purpose of regional languages. Unfortunately, having that selected seems to override the scripts entirely.

I guess I'll just have to deal with the problem. But at least now I have a reason why the scripts were not functioning properly.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 11th, 2014, 07:14 PM
What I did above by adding hero in front of tagis then setting the time to Post-Levels/10000 worked for me with the Secret Language checked on. You do need to make sure you don't have "Don't generate pre-requisite?" unchecked, though.
Sendric is online now   #28 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 11th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Quote:
What I did above by adding hero in front of tagis then setting the time to Post-Levels/10000 worked for me with the Secret Language checked on. You do need to make sure you don't have "Don't generate pre-requisite?" unchecked, though.
doesn't work for me.
I have to uncheck secret to get it to work, and dont generate pre-requisite is unchecked.

The script mostly works now, there are a few races that wont work with
hero.tagis[Race.?]. Like Grimlock, Hobgoblin, Centaur Koa-toan etc..

Some of the regions check for non-standard races. And the tagis[Race.?] <> 0 doesnt seem to work for bootstrap conditions, it probably uses a different syntax. But I'll figure that out through trial and error (i hope).

Other than that, I'm good and just about ready to move on to Feats.

Although, I do have a non-code related question. Do you think I should create each indivudual Knoweldge Local (region name) as its own new skill or just bootstrap knowledge local as 'always a class skill?' The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting seems to list them as separate.

Beyond that I want to thank you for your help for this issue. I will post the finished .user file here when I get the regions working fully.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; January 11th, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 13th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Quote:
doesn't work for me.
I have to uncheck secret to get it to work, and dont generate pre-requisite is unchecked.
That's strange. Oh well, I'm glad you have it working for you at least.

[QUOTE]
The script mostly works now, there are a few races that wont work with
hero.tagis[Race.?]. Like Grimlock, Hobgoblin, Centaur Koa-toan etc..

Some of the regions check for non-standard races. And the tagis[Race.?] <> 0 doesnt seem to work for bootstrap conditions, it probably uses a different syntax. But I'll figure that out through trial and error (i hope).

Other than that, I'm good and just about ready to move on to Feats./quote]

It's possible something with these races wasn't set up properly. I'll take a look at them and see if anything out of the ordinary is going on.

Quote:
Although, I do have a non-code related question. Do you think I should create each indivudual Knoweldge Local (region name) as its own new skill or just bootstrap knowledge local as 'always a class skill?' The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting seems to list them as separate.
To be honest, I don't really have a preference. I haven't played much in the Forgotten Realms setting, and don't know how much it matters. To me, it seems like something the players could keep track of rather than having to input all those different skills.

Quote:
Beyond that I want to thank you for your help for this issue. I will post the finished .user file here when I get the regions working fully.
More than happy to help. A lot of people have been clamoring for Forgotten Realms material, and I just haven't had the time to delve into it. Anything I can do to help someone else enter it is my pleasure.
Sendric is online now   #30 Reply With Quote